Alaska Air LAX to FLL, question on exit row

Markmom18

Hi, I just upgraded from Main Cabin to seats that offer more legroom. They have (2) Emergency Rows, 9 & 10.

I chose the window & aisle of Row 10. The rep at AA could not find an answer. So, I'm coming to the experts!

Just got off the phone with AA because after booking I looked online to see about reclining seats in Row 10.

I THINK our Row of seats recline because a "normal" Row is behind us. Whereas Row 9 does NOT recline, because there is another exit row behind them .... Row 10!

Please if anyone knows, not just "thinks", could you let me know.

Thank you,

:confused: Bobbi

Because I know people fly into FLL to cruise, and figure somebody's probably flown in an Emergency Row. I've been coming to CC for over 10 years. I've read countless helpful posts of ALL kinds in those years. :hearteyes:

But, thank you for your question.

If it's against Policy, will someone in charge get in touch with me?

:) Bobbi

Because I know people fly into FLL to cruise, and figure somebody's probably flown in an Emergency Row. I've been coming to CC for over 10 years. I've read countless helpful posts of ALL kinds in those years. :hearteyes:

But, thank you for your question.

If it's against Policy, will someone in charge get in touch with me?

:) Bobbi

I will help you to get this moved..... (y)

Yes they do...

Maybe the OP was not looking in or could not see the correct place or on the correct page to get the information.

Thank you for assisting in this...

bon voyage

Think of it this way....if a seat has exit space behind it then it will not recline. This is because that recline could impede access to the door.

Therefore if the exit row is row 9 then row 8 will not recline but row 9 itself will recline because there is not an exit behind it.

If there are multiple exit rows, say rows 9 and 10 then, rows 8 and 9 would not recline, but row 10 would.

On some airlines and some aircraft (specific to the airline), the 1st row of exit seats will recline after the a/c is at cruise altitude. Most of them are fixed however. Some of the 2nd row seats are fixed recline too. Just remember that seats come from different manufacturers and seats may vary even within a specific aircraft model of an airline.

Seat cushion length is often also shorter in EE rows.

Flown on one such and I was rather surprised myself as it was totally unexpected. Just don't remember which airline or flight it was except it was on, of course, a narrow body (so either 737 or A320 family).

Hrmm. Wasn’t able to find ANYTHING on Google supporting this. Maybe the takeoff jolted the recline mechanism back into working order when it was previously non functioning.

Generally, if there are two exit rows, the second row always has full recline. If a seat in front of an exit reclines, it's because something is broken and allowed it to recline. Nothing can impede or block access to an exit, per the FAA.

*Source- I was in the industry, used to fly commercially*