Where to go when you're a little bored of the Caribbean

I've been on 5 cruises in my life with my family, and all have been in the Caribbean. we live in Florida, so obviously it's the most convenient. However, after doing Oasis of the Seas 2 summers ago, and Harmony of the Seas this past summer, we want something new and exciting for our ports. What are other must do cruises?

Do you want to stay with "Caribbean like" Ports?

How about:

Bermuda?

Panama Canal transit going up the west coast of Mexico?

Mexico from West Coast Departure Port?

Of course the Mediterranean, but thats much further and a very different trip.

What ports have you been to? Maybe we can offer up suggestions from there. There are many islands in the Caribbean that are far from the “norm” (ie - better than the “bleh” Bahamas, St Thomas, Mexico, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you don’t want to fly, try the Panama Canal itinerary. There are 10 night roundtrip itineraries from Ft Lauderdale that, not only include Panama and the Canal, but other less visited ports in countries like Costa Rica and Colombia.

If you’re open to flying but still want to sail from a US port, Alaska is a must and you can take a roundtrip from Seattle if you want to keep it simple.

Canada and New England from New York or Boston are excellent itineraries as well.

I would also recommend a California Coastal cruise out of Los Angeles or San Francisco. Absolutely fantastic itineraries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This side of the Atlantic......

Panama Canal

Canada/New England

Mexico

Alaska

Hawaii ( 15 day return from a Calif. port)

Overseas......

Med

Greek Islands

Baltic

U.K.

Norwegian Fjords

Transatlantic - Europe to USA

North Atlantic - Europe to .. Iceland/Greeenland to USA

There are others...

Orient

Middle East

Good luck deciding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in the same boat/ship......we too got a little bored with the Caribbean. The Western Mediterranean was fantastic! Touring Barcelona, Rome, the Colosseum, Vatican, ruins of Pompeii, Tuscany, Almafi Coast, Cannes, and Monte Carlo was as if you were in a James Bond movie. Last year we did an Alaskan Cruise, the majesty of nature....mountains, glaciers, and even a kitschy lumberjack show was fun. We would gladly return to both Alaska or the Mediterranean.

Since we did the 49th state last year, our next cruise is to Hawaii.......

If you haven't done the Panama Canal you are really missing something fantastic. My wife had a great time in our Celebrity cruise, actually hitting ports neither of us had visited before.

You might also try the Mexican Riviera, which has a totally different feel from the Mexican ports on the Caribbean side.

• 2 weeks later...
Alaska. I l have loved all the cruises I have taken, but only one, recharged my heart.- Alaska

I must agree Alaska is a beautiful state.

I have done 1 cruise on Golden Princess—Inside passage

And my favorite cruise was a 11 day cruisetour visiting Fairbanks, Denali, and Mt.McKinley. We stayed in the Princess resorts. Took the Alaska Train to

Anchorage and boarded the ship for 7 days visiting Skagway, Juneau, and my favorite Ketchikan. We disembarked in Vancouver Canada for a flight home.