Cuba - Insurance options

Gypsywych

I'd really appreciate hearing from some others who have already sailed to Cuba or are booked for Cuba about their travel insurance choices. It appears that Nationwide isn't offering travel insurance for Cuban cruises and I don't like purchasing Carnival insurance. Thanks!!

Edited by Gypsywych
additions.

I'd really appreciate hearing from some others who have already sailed to Cuba or are booked for Cuba about their travel insurance choices. It appears that Nationwide isn't offering travel insurance for Cuban cruises and I don't like purchasing Carnival insurance. Thanks!!

We went earlier this month, and are returning in March. For both trips (as we do with all cruises) we went through insuremytrip.com to find the plan that was best for us. Put in details of your trip (including days leading up to and after if you wish), details about the travelers, and you instantly get quotes from a dozen+ companies, with various levels of coverage depending on what your might want. Many offer CFAR. We've used several different companies through them and always had great service if we had a claim (twice).

We went earlier this month, and are returning in March. For both trips (as we do with all cruises) we went through insuremytrip.com to find the plan that was best for us. Put in details of your trip (including days leading up to and after if you wish), details about the travelers, and you instantly get quotes from a dozen+ companies, with various levels of coverage depending on what your might want. Many offer CFAR. We've used several different companies through them and always had great service if we had a claim (twice).

I'm sorry, what is CFAR? :)

I'm sorry, what is CFAR? :)

Cancel For Any Reason: generally pays 75% of any non-refundable expense you incur as a result of cancellation on your end. So for example, you booked with a $400 deposit, and your $1000 cruise is PIF. You cancel; the cruiseline (most likely) issues you a future cruise credit for anything over your deposit, and you lose your deposit. Claim for insurance will pay you $300. BTW, if you want/need CFAR or have issues related to pre-existing conditions, its important to buy your insurance ASAP. We buy ours the day we book a cruise.

Not sure if carnival is the same but on Royal the $75 visa charge includes medical insurance for Cuba

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, same on Carnival. Cuba requires you have their insurance while in Cuba, (complete with '50s era equipment, I'm sure.)