Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:31 PM.
Toronto, Canada
7 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Hi all. My husband and I will be on the Viking Romantic Danube cruise ending up in Nuremberg on April 1st (Easter Sunday). We are staying at a hotel in the old town. What is the best way to get from the cruise dock to the hotel? Is public transit available?
Thanks.
Coastal NC
3,474 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by Reader in chief
Hi all. My husband and I will be on the Viking Romantic Danube cruise ending up in Nuremberg on April 1st (Easter Sunday). We are staying at a hotel in the old town. What is the best way to get from the cruise dock to the hotel? Is public transit available?
Thanks.
No public transportation where the ship docks. Have Viking call a taxi for you. The cost should be around 20 Euros.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sharon

Viking, Portraits of Southern France. 2006
Uniworld, Castles Along the Rhine, 2007
Gate 1, Thanksgiving Cruise, 2007
AMA Waterways, Portugal on the Douro, 2008
Grand Circle: Romance of the Rhine and Mosel, 2010
Viking Emerald, China's Cultural Delights. 3/28/2011
Grand Circle: Old World Prague and the Blue Danube. September 7, 2011.
Viking Spirit, Paris to Normandy. 12/11/11.
Grand Circle's [i]Essence of the Elbe: 5/27/12/ to 6/11/12
Grand Circle Russia Revealed with pretrip to Helsinki and Tallinn , 2012. .
Viking Sun, Treasures of the Rhine.Nov 11, 2012.
AMACerto, Istanbul to Budapest. May 30, 2013.
Uniworld River Queen, Classic Christmas Markets, Nuremberg to Frankfurt. Dec 5, 2013.
Vantage Travel, Croatian Odyssey & Venice with Lake Bled, Slovenia pretrip. M/Y Harmony G
Grand Circle, Burma and the Irrawaddy, Thailand and Cambodia. Nov 25, 2014. RV Paukan 2012.
Grand Circle: Spain's Northern Coast & the Bay of Biscay. 4/30/2015 to 5/21/2015. Ship: Corinthian
AMAWaterways: Magnificent Europe. Aug 30 to Sept 14, 2015. AMACerto. Budapest to Amsterdam
Vantage: The Peruvian Amazon and Machu Picchu. 3/12/2016. Post trip to Lake Titicaca. Ship: RV Amazon Discovery
Grand Circle: Grand Baltic Sea Voyage. . 7/30/2016 to 8/15/2016. Ship: Corinthian
Viking: Castles & Legends. Munich to Budapest. 12/5/16 to 12/16/16. Viking Ve.
Viking Sky: Mediterranean Getaway, Rome to Barcelona, 2/25/17 to 3/4/17.
Grand Circle: Maritime Jewels of the British Isles. 7/23/17. Ship: Corinthian
Avalon Affinity: Burgundy & Provence with London, 10/2/17

Viking RA: Pharaohs & Pyramids. March 8, 2018
Viking Star: Into the Midnight Sun. 7/14/18

United States
527 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by H2Otstr
No public transportation where the ship docks. Have Viking call a taxi for you. The cost should be around 20 Euros.
There is a bus stop nearby but you are better taking at a taxi. If you visit the website for the city of Nuremberg and go to the section about arriving, you can find phone numbers for taxis. But, as the prior poster mentioned, Viking should be able to call a taxi for you.
Melbourne, FL
8,986 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
we got off in Nur' and were setting off on our own for a week, first stop was a couple of days in a hotel near the main train station downtown Hauptbahnhof. IF THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED THINGS: The boat's parking place was kinda out in the boonies, in Erlangen which is about 10 miles north downtown Nur' (past the airport) .... we took a taxi downtown to the hotel. Easy ..... There is a train station in Erlangen which can take you downtown. See route S1 on this route map ... about half way "up"

I believe the station would be about 1.5 miles from where the ship docked. The downtown station would put you at the south wall of the old city.

p.s. you can verify much of this via Google Earth!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Capt BJ

Costa (1982), Commodore, NCL, Windstar, Princess,
DCL, RCL, Viking River, Viking Ocean, Cunard (TA)
50+ cruises;
USCG Captain, retired - 6 ships, 2 commands, 12 yrs @ sea
Shellback, Golden Dragon, Blue Nose, Bering Sea winter vet
Tall ship sailor
Melbourne, FL
8,986 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I don't recall

which for me means it was not out of line with what I was willing to pay! It was not memorable ...

after spending a couple of day there I would have been very comfortable taking the train/trolley but from experience dragging luggage on the streets is a pain.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Capt BJ

Costa (1982), Commodore, NCL, Windstar, Princess,
DCL, RCL, Viking River, Viking Ocean, Cunard (TA)
50+ cruises;
USCG Captain, retired - 6 ships, 2 commands, 12 yrs @ sea
Shellback, Golden Dragon, Blue Nose, Bering Sea winter vet
Tall ship sailor