Who has been to Cuba on NCL recently and taken an independent tour?

GrandmaHofmann

I’m curious too! We are booked with Norwegian for end of April. I called last week to asked if ship excursions were required to get off the ship and was told that they weren’t, but if we left the ship on our own then we would have to keep a log of what we did and receipts for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been to cuba by cruise 3 times in the last year. The first two on the Fathom Adonia. In October we were on NCL Sky. We used private guides at all ports. There were 8 of us this last October in Havana. We contacted Lino Blanco who met us a block from the port& across the street in a '50 Chevy convertible & 1956 Buick convertible. He & his friend, Alain Santana gave us an amazing all day tour of the Cuba highlights & more. Both speak terrific English & are wealth of information. With all our tours we kept any admission tickets, short note on where we went & of course we have our pictures for documentation should anyone ask in the next 5 years. The following morning we had Dayron from Tours by Locals for a walking tour of Old Havana before the ship left at noon - another wonderful tour. Enjoy your time

We have been to cuba by cruise 3 times in the last year. The first two on the Fathom Adonia. In October we were on NCL Sky. We used private guides at all ports. There were 8 of us this last October in Havana. We contacted Lino Blanco who met us a block from the port& across the street in a '50 Chevy convertible & 1956 Buick convertible. He & his friend, Alain Santana gave us an amazing all day tour of the Cuba highlights & more. Both speak terrific English & are wealth of information. With all our tours we kept any admission tickets, short note on where we went & of course we have our pictures for documentation should anyone ask in the next 5 years. The following morning we had Dayron from Tours by Locals for a walking tour of Old Havana before the ship left at noon - another wonderful tour. Enjoy your time

How did you get in touch with the tour guide? How much was tour? We did Havanajourneys last time but tis one sounds interesting.

• 1 month later...
I’m curious too! We are booked with Norwegian for end of April. I called last week to asked if ship excursions were required to get off the ship and was told that they weren’t, but if we left the ship on our own then we would have to keep a log of what we did and receipts for 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tour we booked for our June cruise (not through the cruise line) provides a detailed itinerary with specific language that it satisfies the “support Cuban people” requirement on the affidavit. Pretty sure that covers the record keeping requirement although I’m guessing no one is going to ask us to produce it.

How did you get in touch with the tour guide? How much was tour? We did Havanajourneys last time but tis one sounds interesting.

Sorry to hijack but I just received a quote from Havana Journeys today and they are wanting to be paid in USD. Was this your experience?