Need Vancouver hotel with extended parking. SkyTrain?

I posted this in another forum, and was advised I might have better success here.

We are driving to Vancouver for a week-long Alaska cruise. We plan to arrive the day before the cruise, and will need long-term parking until we return. Most of the downtown hotels charge to much for extended parking (at least, too much for me). Seems like my best bet would be in the Richmond area, or near the airport. Rooms are reasonable, and some offer free or low-cost parking. I've been looking at the Holiday Inn Express, and the Radisson airport hotels. Does anyone have first-hand experience with these, or any other that could be recommended?

We would probably use the SkyTrain to get us to the pier. Is it doable with the luggage we'd be carrying? How close to the cruise pier does Canada Line run?

Just answered your other Q - but since here you also ask about station location, luggage room I'll answer those here!

Google Map is the easiest way to show how near the pier you get - change the starting location to whichever hotel you decide on if it isn't the HI Express. You'll almost certainly need to walk further from your hotel than you will from Waterfront to the pier, unless you get the hotel shuttle to drop you off at the station.

Luggage - unless you have more than 1 large suitcase and a carryon each, you should be able to fit them in at your seat without taking up any aisle space at all. If you have 2 smaller bags, might need to sit one bag on your lap. More than that - take a cab;-)