How do you pack your bottles?

Wildgrits

If you buy liquor in a duty free shop or on a Caribbean Island, how do you get it home?

We are flying home so we would have to stow our. What do you use to keep your bottles, and luggage, safe from breakage?

I just want to add, in the past I put rum in my luggage the night before and put out in the hallway only to find when I got my luggage in port, the bottles shattered and my luggage ruined. I don't want that again.

• 2 months later...
If you buy liquor in a duty free shop or on a Caribbean Island, how do you get it home?

We are flying home so we would have to stow our. What do you use to keep your bottles, and luggage, safe from breakage?

I just want to add, in the past I put rum in my luggage the night before and put out in the hallway only to find when I got my luggage in port, the bottles shattered and my luggage ruined. I don't want that again.

hey there!

where do u recommend to buy booz in Jamaica and Haiti? any recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

We don't...despite the lack of tax, the hassle of carrying heavy liquids negates the saving, for us! You won't be able to buy booze in Haiti...you will be on the ship's private beach and cannot leave that area to go to a liquor store. Labadee, Haiti is the same as being on the ship.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually put them in big towels wich I bring for beach days and put them between clothes in my suitcase. Luckly up to today, this worked well for me. But I only bring one or two bottles and I don't think this is a safe way to transport multiple bottles by plane - I woud not risk this. If you already know that you want to buy some, you can bring something for a better way of transporting them, like bubble wrap, but this will take space in your luggage.

I put the bottles in an individual plastic bag and then wrap them in my clothes in my main case. I fly to Europe and I have never had any breakages yet.

You have to pack them in tight and don't put them next to the wall of case, with the way the luggage handlers toss the bags around 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...