2 Day Excursion Tianjin to Beijing with overnight stay

Georgina1

Hi,

My wife and I have booked a full Far East Voyage on QM2 January to April 2019.

We are looking at an overnight stay in Beijing as part of a two day privately organised tour of Beijing and Great Wall. As a rule of thumb for long tours like this we go with the Ship Excursion programme, however this one could be quite expensive with Cunard. The first question is; has anyone done this trip with Cunard or other lines and what was the cost per couple. We have seen costs of $1600 per couple on other sites.

The second question; does anyone have any experience with China Highlights who offer the same Excursion (with no shopping) and it fits the bill for us.

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have done this with either Cunard/Other Cruiselines and anyone who has had experience with the tour Company China Highlights.

Thanks in anticipation,

Georgina1

• 2 months later...

We did a 2 nite stay in Bejing from the Celebrity Millennium a few years ago. The company that we used was bejingtourbycoco.com. Coco's husband, Jason, was our guide and we could not have been happier with him. If we're ever back in Bejing we'd most definitely use them again!

For our upcoming April cruise I was looking at China Highlights for a three day stay in China but we elected to use a company (Oriental Tours and Travel) our friends had recently used and had a great experience with.

But China Highlights was at the top of my list just due to their ratings and reviews on Trip Advisor. Rated #2 for Beijing tours (out of 417 companies) and over 2600 reviews. Seemed to me a safe bet.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We are looking at an overnight stay in Beijing as part of a two day privately organised tour of Beijing and Great Wall. As a rule of thumb for long tours like this we go with the Ship Excursion programme, however this one could be quite expensive with Cunard. The first question is; has anyone done this trip with Cunard or other lines and what was the cost per couple. We have seen costs of $1600 per couple on other sites.

The second question; does anyone have any experience with China Highlights who offer the same Excursion (with no shopping) and it fits the bill for us.

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have done this with either Cunard/Other Cruiselines and anyone who has had experience with the tour Company China Highlights.

Thanks in anticipation,

Georgina1

Hi

We were on a holland America cruise and used China highlights.

They were great . We went to the Great Wall , the forbidden city, etc.

We stayed overnight at a Marriott.

I would highly recommend them

Helaine

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Thanks in anticipation,

Georgina1

Try China Odyssey...I used them for a land tour...but they specialize in custom tours for private groups & are reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums