Singapore to Australia or New Zealand

SPacificbound

We will be arriving in Singapore by cruise ship, and from there will be flying to either Australia or New Zealand. I have never been to Singapore, my husband has many years ago. What would be the top two or three things to see before flying on to Oz or NZ?

Thank you for any helpful responses.

Gardens by the Bay.

The night zoo.

The Jurong Bird Park.

Chinatown, and visit the Chinatown Heritage Centre.

Little India.

Raffles Hotel, and do have an overpriced Singapore Sling in the Long Bar. It's a rite of passage! ;p

Eat! Singapore chilli crab and black pepper crab (we like the Long Beach restaurants for this), satay, Hainan chicken rice, fish head curry and a million other delicious local dishes. Stay away from the hotel restaurants and tourist trap restaurants, instead go to tiny local restaurants and hawker stall outlets where the locals eat.

Singapore is very easy to get around using the MRT train system, and in the main part of the city there are cool underground walkways from the stations to various shopping malls and other buildings.

Are you staying in Singapore for a few days after your cruise?

Wow, thank you! :D

We really haven't even talked about it yet. We knew we wanted to go back to Africa and then back to Australia and New Zealand, but then I found this really nice itinerary on Oceania so decided to throw that in, so Singapore wasn't in the picture before. Would 3 or 4 days be enough?

Wow, thank you! :D

We really haven't even talked about it yet. We knew we wanted to go back to Africa and then back to Australia and New Zealand, but then I found this really nice itinerary on Oceania so decided to throw that in, so Singapore wasn't in the picture before. Would 3 or 4 days be enough?

3-4 days would be a minimum, IMHO. Singapore may be small but there is so much to see and do there. It's one of my favourite places although it's not longer a good shopping destination - too expensive. I only listed a few things, there are heaps more. I suggest you do some research on TripAdvisor or a guide book to work out things you'd really like to see. It is very hot and humid there so I recommend only one outdoor sightseeing location per day otherwise you'll melt. Give yourself time to cool off between activities. That doesn't include going to outdoor eateries at night though.

Remebering of course - that for the next 6 months or so Raffles is completely shut. We go in March and that was one of the things on the bucket list - looks like it will be staying there for a while too!!!

That's a shame. They reckon it will reopen late this year though so that might be OK for the OP.

• 2 weeks later...