Memories of Eucalyptus......

land lover

Look what I just found, tucked away in the back of a cupboard, sealed in a zip-lock bag, with that memorable Eucalyptus scent. The fragrance certainly brings back memories.... They look to be in perfect condition....I actually think they are from the 690 pax Royal, a cruise we took to the Holy Land & Egypt in 2008. M E M O R I E S !!!!!!!

5b7ysmvwd49GBPhBYtdwX__Q7clV0eWKgwGFiXtrTDnCDYfbzyarzaLh2IZejsK9mehtH-gi28kZKITNTK5C9ReFPOq4Rhw2zZMFugiipkuo0RyyEQlPkv87t-hAwlao3ezwVtoqr20ImDKWCruXcvBK4KTzjuRJs8njusVGI-5nEj7kl_9ah3xrUHQezv7abz3bkl6e7UvuR7X1Z2i2Z23Zmgt0znq0_Fc3scqwDftgDw_DQlnCS3n-2qNQ3f97AeIaKzyYGzBdN2ka7e2cskuFTlqb8nlv54V4PSWjr1rdl_XErpXtj2YAzMh1da7owd244cm6ExhdKHRsc39UhtyXTIv-lw5tnbGDEjlnHsWEIW_z6N2-7Qx3PvRe4ExIw-7kGa-JnREL8WT64gjkFLFUdTXxq0dOc9oC_6SsxgT4GP_V8mszxD1COIXNVK7JyRgELc3BC1fuaofWQ3VqaIbheLx0AHFemyBtG33lMPtPrIdOglelEXhwbWaz_CGGrBT4Y-yRdbV5he_BaSmKU02oZ_4CTsf1pjMOn6txC-y3_znCJMqMHZZDxJWunazJbnfxjvG97eSw4tUGTm_6Ku99Pt8WjW-ZXXKShTA=w1732-h974-no

I never used the eucalyptus products but DH did, and I saved every one of his empty bottles. At one point I had a shoebox-full, but am down to half that. They make great TSA-compliant toiletry bottles for short trips. Although I rinsed then out well, that smell still remains and everything I put in them smells like eucalyptus.

I love the scent. Wish they would bring it back. I have looked all over but have not foubd a replacement. I have about several bags stashed away that I use every once in a while. Rings back so many memories.

Our stewards were always so good and left four or more bottles every day.

I was just thinking of that eucalyptus scent a day or so again, as I used some leftover lotion from a recent cruise and found the scent not as satisfying. Wonder why Princess decided to change the scent?

New supplier. Lower cost. Big dispensers in showers instead of little bottles.

Wasn't sure I liked it at the time. Think I still have some hiding in the back of a cupboard somewhere...(bit of a hoarder)

Now, what is offered .......eugh!! Bring back the eucalyptus offerings.

Thought I would save weight by just taking a good conditioner. What a dreadful mistake !

Shampoo and conditioner already packed for next cruise !!!

Look what I just found, tucked away in the back of a cupboard, sealed in a zip-lock bag, with that memorable Eucalyptus scent. The fragrance certainly brings back memories.... They look to be in perfect condition....I actually think they are from the 690 pax Royal, a cruise we took to the Holy Land & Egypt in 2008. M E M O R I E S !!!!!!!

5b7ysmvwd49GBPhBYtdwX__Q7clV0eWKgwGFiXtrTDnCDYfbzyarzaLh2IZejsK9mehtH-gi28kZKITNTK5C9ReFPOq4Rhw2zZMFugiipkuo0RyyEQlPkv87t-hAwlao3ezwVtoqr20ImDKWCruXcvBK4KTzjuRJs8njusVGI-5nEj7kl_9ah3xrUHQezv7abz3bkl6e7UvuR7X1Z2i2Z23Zmgt0znq0_Fc3scqwDftgDw_DQlnCS3n-2qNQ3f97AeIaKzyYGzBdN2ka7e2cskuFTlqb8nlv54V4PSWjr1rdl_XErpXtj2YAzMh1da7owd244cm6ExhdKHRsc39UhtyXTIv-lw5tnbGDEjlnHsWEIW_z6N2-7Qx3PvRe4ExIw-7kGa-JnREL8WT64gjkFLFUdTXxq0dOc9oC_6SsxgT4GP_V8mszxD1COIXNVK7JyRgELc3BC1fuaofWQ3VqaIbheLx0AHFemyBtG33lMPtPrIdOglelEXhwbWaz_CGGrBT4Y-yRdbV5he_BaSmKU02oZ_4CTsf1pjMOn6txC-y3_znCJMqMHZZDxJWunazJbnfxjvG97eSw4tUGTm_6Ku99Pt8WjW-ZXXKShTA=w1732-h974-no

We loved that fragrance and were sad to see it replaced on our last cruise on the Pacific. Also loved the Royal. She was such a lovely ship.

Sorry didn't see the name.

There are two dispensers in the shower..one supposedly shampoo/conditioner, the other body wash.

Think there are upgraded soaps/shampoos in suites.

Is there soap at the sink for handwashing? lotion?

A small round of soap on the sink unit and a spare . We used the spare in the shower . No need to ask, two spares appeared at next steward service.

The lotion was distributed less freely on our January South America cruise (Emerald) than it was on Royal last Easter when a one appeared every day; whether we had used last one or not. Didn't request more on Emerald though, sure it would have been forthcoming if we had.

I can’t see the image [emoji25]. The link appears to be broken. I love the scent of eucalyptus. Are these bath products Princess used to supply?

We just recently cruised with Viking and their bath products are very lightly scented - which I suppose is good these days. It’s a shame the cruise lines can’t offer scented and unscented products. Viking’s are a good quality. It’s a company brand.

Now I must go on the lookout for some eucalyptus or eucalyptus scent [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm probably the lone dissenter. I'm allergic to most highly scented products. My daughter recently visited and found an old bottle of Princess shampoo in a drawer in the front bathroom. In the living room I suddenly got a massive headache from the smell. Why is scent so overpowering in so many products? What happened to a "subtle suggestion" of scent?