Best things to do?! (Day in San Juan)

jryansales

Hey everyone! My girlfriend & I are coming in San Juan a day before our Celebrity cruise in April - any suggestions of best things to do??? We’ll get in around noon and have the afternoon/night there. We don’t want to venture out if Old San Juan too much, but could maybe be swayed if anyone has great suggestions.

Thanks in advance CC’ers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you done the forts? Cristobal is very close, El Moro is about 1 mile from the ship. The trolley car is now operating- it is free and you can take it to most of the sites or just stay on and enjoy the scenery! it does get crowded. There are great olurdoor cafes and cute shnops in Old SAN jUAN.

We asked three different locals where to get great Puerto Rican food, and all three recommended Cafe Manolin. Total diner, fantastic mofongo and other PR specialties. No frills, lots of locals, and family friendly.

Can't miss the forts, too. Skip El Morro if you need to choose only one.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

Spend the afternoon wandering around Old San Juan and see the forts and do some shopping. Hit the rooftop at the top of Hotel Milano for a late afternoon drink and maybe some food. For the bar scene, grab a great Margarita at Greengos. Stop by the Douglas Pub for a cheap dive bar. If you want to see a loud thumping nightclub/speakeasy with multiple themes, go to La Factoria and make sure you explore every room in the place. It's crazy. Get there early before it gets packed.

How mobile is your mother? Steps to Punta De Vista resturant.
She can do steps, albeit very slowly. I plan to give her the vacation of a lifetime, with all the time and patience we need. Are we talking lots of steps? Flights? If so, I will need to make another choice. Wearing her out is something I would like to avoid!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

If you decide to venture out, the Biobay Kayaking tour is supposed to be cool (we have it booked but haven’t tried it yet). I’ve done lots of research for 3 years and decided on the company called Kayaking Puerto Rico to do the tour with. They will come pick you up at your hotel (or one nearby) as long as there are at least 7 people in the area signed up.

There are 2 tour times, an early (6:30) and a late (8:30). The early allows you to view some of the mangroves that you kayak through before it gets dark, and you can catch the sunset (supposedly) in the bay. We chose the early based on review suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums