Should the level show in my stateroom guarantee?

Victoria_BC_Mom

My TA says she booked us a C1 guaranteed stateroom on Reflection, but when I log in to the Celebrity website all it says is "Concierge class stateroom guarantee", which to me means it could be at any level. How can I tell if the TA actually booked us in a guaranteed C1?

I am not aware of any guarantees for a specific level of cabin. There are guarantees for balcony, concierge class, aqua, suites, etc., but none for a specific level within each category.

Steve

While I have seen guarantees for a specific level it has been for the lowest level, not the highest level.

If your TA did book you for a C1 guarantee they should be able to prove it to you, given the X website and it’s reported issues I would hope you see that but wouldn’t be surprised to not see it if that is in fact what your TA booked.

The exact words on my invoice are "Concierge Class stateroom, category C1 (guarantee)".

Does it make a difference that this is a group booking? This was what the TA said in our offer letter - "I have good news for you: we happened to have one remaining Concierge Class stateroom (category C1) left in our Expedia Exclusive Staterooms (EES) group on this sailing. With our special EES rates, the fare is lower than a balcony."

Never seen C1 guarantee, it is concierge guarantee "CAT XC", see your passenger copy of the booking
I'd never seen it until recently. But I booked a 2A guarantee at a large online travel agency, and Celebrity had it on their website, too (and that's what I ended up getting assigned). This was for a cruise almost a year out. The generic category guarantees are generally for cruises much closer in.

It's easy enough to verify by getting the booking PDF from Celebrity.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but we are new to Celebrity (Elite on Princess). Do I find the booking PDF on their website somewhere?

No, your TA sends it to you. It's called the "Booking Confirmation".

Does your TA have a website? If so, the actual category should show up on their website, assuming its still available to book. Oops I see they claimed it was the last one available. Anyway, I would not be concerned about it, although you should request the booking confirmation just to see it. BTW, my situation was also a group booking. They were over $1000 less per person than the current price on the Celebrity website.

I'm attaching what mine looked like.

151600929_CelebrityGTY2A.JPG.e40168d937c846b9b6453ffeb93e71f8.JPG

Edited by MisterBill99

Sorry, but we are new to Celebrity (Elite on Princess). Do I find the booking PDF on their website somewhere?

Since you book with a TA you only can see the minimum details of your booking, when Celebrity assigns your cabin you can see it online, login with you celebrity account

Since you book with a TA you only can see the minimum details of your booking, when Celebrity assigns your cabin you can see it online, login with you celebrity account
But the TA can (hopefully) send her the booking confirmation file, which will show the actual category. Worst case they can send a screen shot from the Celebrity system showing the category.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Yes this is normal. I booked a S1 GTY and was worried like you. I did ask my TA for the guest invoice but his firm doesn't allow that but he took a screen shot of the tool he uses to book and it showed the specific S1 GTY. That's what I was assigned with no problem.

Their website seems to want to hide sub categories now. It makes booking more difficult in my opinion.

Just to close this thread, my TA confirmed that the Celebrity invoice shows a "C1- GTY" (exact quote). Here is her explanation as to why it doesn't show on the Celebrity website: "They probably aren't selling the C1 as a guarantee to the general public; they usually only sell the lower category. We got the C1 for you because we had space left in our Expedia Exclusive Staterooms (EES) group, allowing us to book it, even with no cabins available.

Glad you are comfortable now :)"