Pride never gets relocated?

travel33

We took our first cruise as a family 8 years ago on the Pride out of Baltimore. It’s great for us since we live in NC.

I like to try new ships, but the Pride is still in Baltimore after 8 years.

When all the other ships get moved around, why does the Pride never get moved and a new ship come into Baltimore?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pride is scheduled to dry dock in February 2019 for updates. I think size is a factor ... getting a ship under those bridges ... Pride scrapes by with just inches. I just took my first cruise on Pride on 2/4/18 and already booked again for 12/2018 and again for the journeys cruise in November 2019. I really love this ship!

Pride is scheduled to dry dock in February 2019 for updates. I think size is a factor ... getting a ship under those bridges ... Pride scrapes by with just inches. I just took my first cruise on Pride on 2/4/18 and already booked again for 12/2018 and again for the journeys cruise in November 2019. I really love this ship!

This right here. You have two options the pride or one of her 3 sisters or a fantasy class ship. They are the only ones that can get under the bridge. They most likely keep the pride since it always sails out at a good price. The prices on the pride always seems high to me.

The prices on the pride always seems high to me.

Yes, size is the issue sailing out of Baltimore. As far as the price, we have sailed the Pride several times and don't find the cost out of line. In fact since we live in NE PA we can cruise and have a restful vacation while saving on the cost and headaches of air travel.

Technically, the Pride relocated to Tampa in late 2014. This was the result of new EPA rules. Here is an article from the Baltimore Sun from that time. I was dismayed when she left but overjoyed when she came back. So much so that I took that wonderful 14 day repositioning cruise to bring the Pride back to Baltimore. Coincidentally, I was also on the Grandeur of the Sea's repositioning cruise when she came to Baltimore (I only rode her from San Juan rather than South America).

As has been noted above, there are only a few classes of cruise ship that can fit under the bridges.

Technically, the Pride relocated to Tampa in late 2014. This was the result of new EPA rules. Here is an article from the Baltimore Sun from that time. I was dismayed when she left but overjoyed when she came back. So much so that I took that wonderful 14 day repositioning cruise to bring the Pride back to Baltimore. Coincidentally, I was also on the Grandeur of the Sea's repositioning cruise when she came to Baltimore (I only rode her from San Juan rather than South America).

As has been noted above, there are only a few classes of cruise ship that can fit under the bridges.

Yup, we sailed on her out of Tampa in December of 2014. Great ship. OP, they can always send her back to Tampa, we wouldn't mind sailing on her again and the Tampa port is so easy.

I just wish the Pride would have different 7 day itineraries that doesn't include Freeport and Nassau. The journey sailings are nice but hard for us to be away for 14 days. Also as mentioned before the price is always on the high end it seems.

The Pride also had upgrades to its emissions systems to meet more stringents that Baltimore imposed when it left for that time a few years ago. The ship had to meet new air standards to burn cleaner, but more costly low-sulfer diesel fuel near land. It may be that Carnival has not done this on any of their other ships so that they meet Baltimore's requirements.

I cruised Pride twice out of Baltimore...... And I agree they need to bring in another sister ship!!!!

They can rotate the Spirit class..... it's 4 of them to give a different look if anything.

Sure wish they would do that, and give us a different ship to sail on.

8 years in one port is a long time!

Well atleast the Pride gets Grand Turk which is a good stop....RCL and NCL (out of NY and Baltimore) don't offer anything as nice (I don't consider Nassau a great stop) other than Private Island stops . Due to starting cruise so far North their choices are limited for 7 day cruises

Carnival offers 7 day sailings from NYC to San Juan, Grand Turk with either St.Thomas or Amber Cove. I would love either of those itineraries from Baltimore.

Those cruises are offered as 8 day sailings out of NYC. Unfortunately since Baltimore is so far up north, the ports that can be reached in a 7 day sailing are somewhat limited.

Those cruises are offered as 8 day sailings out of NYC. Unfortunately since Baltimore is so far up north, the ports that can be reached in a 7 day sailing are somewhat limited.

Correct... We did a 8 day cruise to eastern Carribbean out of NY about 10 years ago

Another vote a bit more diverse 7 day itinerary. A Poster's suggestion to add a visit to Key West in lieu of Port Canaveral or maybe a port call in Miami seems like a good idea to me. And, why not more cruises to Bermuda from Baltimore?

The suggestion to switch Spirit Class vessels to make those Baltimore 7 day itineraries more attractive is a valid one. Both Princess and HAL are starting to "mix-up" their ship deployments more than had previously been done.

I also really enjoyed my cruise on Pride. Sailing through Chesapeake Bay and going through the Bridge-Tunnel complex at the entrance to Hampton Roads were highlights of my cruise. Plus, I did enjoy the crew and the amenities of the ship herself.

I would love to see the Legend come back to the USA and be based in Baltimore!

She was my 1st Carnival cruise.

Karen

Agree.... When we first moved to Philadelphia .... The Legend docked in Philly (2004 or 2005) and had a cruise out of here. It was a pretty big deal.

Love the Pride and love sailing out of Baltimore, however would love an itinerary change. Grand Turk has been absent, and maybe they could add Key West or Cayman. Or maybe they could skip the Bahamas and do Dominican Republic and Jamaica

Grand Cayman, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica are too far to be reached on a 7 day cruise. They would have to do a longer cruise to reach those islands.