Aft Cabins on Freedom Class

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Looking at Freedom of the Seas 2020 sailing to Southern Caribbean and there is a super awesome deal (non-refundable deposit) for a 2 bedroom Grand Suite (aka Royal Family Suite).

I have sailed Disney Dream and Fantasy ships and last sailing three years ago on Fantasy aft 9th Deck. Had seasickness 2 out of 7 days, but overall was ok.

Anyone sailed Freedom, Independence, or Liberty in aft cabin on decks 8 or 9 (or other deck). Did you have vibrations that made you regret booking the cabin?

Thanks!

Edited by TravelMommyof2
Typo

Please look at the pictures of the Freedom aft rooms - they are NOT like Disney! We were on Disney Fantasy in the center aft of deck 10. It was amazing. But on Freedom, the aft rooms have a structure that obstructs your view (AS COMPARED TO DISNEY) and doesn't always allow you to be able to look straight down and see the water. I just don't want you to expect one thing and then find another!

Please look at the pictures of the Freedom aft rooms - they are NOT like Disney! We were on Disney Fantasy in the center aft of deck 10. It was amazing. But on Freedom, the aft rooms have a structure that obstructs your view (AS COMPARED TO DISNEY) and doesn't always allow you to be able to look straight down and see the water. I just don't want you to expect one thing and then find another!

Thanks for the heads up. We watched all of the videos on these cabins on the Freedom Class on YouTube and saw that. It’s fine with us, mainly going for this cabin because priced almost exactly like Jr Suite, but we get more room and amenities.

We were in 7708 on Freedom a few years ago. This is an E1 cabin. Booked it mainly for the balcony. We loved it! Heard no noises and didn't notice any vibration. There is the superstructure that has been mentioned already but it didn't bother us. We are on Freedom again in a few weeks. One of our favorite ships.

We were in 9408 on Freedom in April 2017. Like Bob said, the only time we felt any vibration was during docking maneuvers. We had relatively calm seas for our adventure, so motion at sea was not really something I can comment on. Any motion we did feel on board was no worse in our cabin than anywhere else. I would book the cabin again without hesitation

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Looking at Freedom of the Seas 2020 sailing to Southern Caribbean and there is a super awesome deal (non-refundable deposit) for a 2 bedroom Grand Suite (aka Royal Family Suite).

I have sailed Disney Dream and Fantasy ships and last sailing three years ago on Fantasy aft 9th Deck. Had seasickness 2 out of 7 days, but overall was ok.

Anyone sailed Freedom, Independence, or Liberty in aft cabin on decks 8 or 9 (or other deck). Did you have vibrations that made you regret booking the cabin?

Thanks!

I have spent 46 nights in one of those staterooms on the Mariner. (Voyager and Freedom class ships have an IDENTICAL aft section). Freedom's RFS has even nicer fittings than the Mariner.

I would not hesitate to book this. Do it.