Early Disembark Oasis to MCO flight

bsutridelt

If we do self assist, in line at 5:30 or whatever the earliest time is to get off the ship, is it cutting it too close to make a 11:35 flight out of MCO? An earlier flight popped up, but wasn't sure if it would be cutting it close.

And if it would work, is a shuttle preferred or get private transportation?

It's 4 of us, both are girls are fully capable of helping with luggage, so no issues there.

Help! :)

You could make it...and I sure many have...but there is also a chance you won't. It's your gamble.

MCO is 45-50 minutes away in good traffic. Disembarkation can start anywhere from 7:30 am on. Then there is always a chance for delays (fog, medical emergencies, mechanical problems, etc.)

Your biggest problem will be security lines at MCO. Sometimes not bad, sometimes an hour to get through, and that is AFTER you go through the check in lines.

I would not want to take the chance. But that is me.

We did this 2 weeks ago. Got in line at 615. Line started to move around 630. We were out of the terminal at 700. Our transportation was Laura’s Shuttle and they picked us up at 730. Arrived in the terminal at MCO at 830. We had a 1115 flight and made it no problem

We always do self assist on Oasis and are always off the ship by 6:45 at the latest.

The key is to get downstairs by 5:45-6:00 and get in line. You won’t be the first ones, but the longer you wait the line gets really, really long!

Have a great cruise!!!

If we do self assist, in line at 5:30 or whatever the earliest time is to get off the ship, is it cutting it too close to make a 11:35 flight out of MCO? An earlier flight popped up, but wasn't sure if it would be cutting it close.

And if it would work, is a shuttle preferred or get private transportation?

It's 4 of us, both are girls are fully capable of helping with luggage, so no issues there.

Help! :)

Ive never done self assist and am still always passing by MCO by 9am of a morning. Plenty of time to make a 11;35 am flight. A delay that would cause you to miss a 11:35 am flight would likely cause you to miss a 1 pm flight. I would not be concerned in the least with this flight. In fact, when I was looking into flying down this past October, that was the exact return flight I was going to pick. I would have made it to MCO with time to spare. I would most CERTAINLY pick private transportation though. Not a shuttle service

We just did an 1105 flight with no problems. You need to be on the road from the port no later than about 8:30. We did walk off, my husband and I. RCCL wasn’t allowing the line to start until 6. We were off and waiting for our transportation by 710. Hope that you have an amazing time.

Ive never done self assist and am still always passing by MCO by 9am of a morning. Plenty of time to make a 11;35 am flight. A delay that would cause you to miss a 11:35 am flight would likely cause you to miss a 1 pm flight. I would not be concerned in the least with this flight. In fact, when I was looking into flying down this past October, that was the exact return flight I was going to pick. I would have made it to MCO with time to spare. I would most CERTAINLY pick private transportation though. Not a shuttle service

I agree with Ryano (good to see you, stranger:D), we have made it to MCO prior to 9am and have not used self disembark. Make arrangements for private transportation!

On more question! On transportation for a 11:35 a.m. flight, would the Go Port Canaveral shuttle work if we're in line for checkout to be off the ship soon as disembarking starts? I've never used that service. Wasn't sure if they start leaving soon as a shuttle is full and keep it moving? Or if there's another recommended service to use.

On more question! On transportation for a 11:35 a.m. flight, would the Go Port Canaveral shuttle work if we're in line for checkout to be off the ship soon as disembarking starts? I've never used that service. Wasn't sure if they start leaving soon as a shuttle is full and keep it moving? Or if there's another recommended service to use.

I'd rather have specific shuttle times. We use Cortans and for an 11:35am flight, I'd sign up for the 8:30am shuttle.

Made a similar flight using Cortans without issue though as others have said, there were also very long check-in and security lines. TSA precheck helped a bit on the security side, but it was probably a good 40 mind to check in at that time of day with Frontier ... YMMV with other airlines but the budget carriers have a lot of flights in/out of MCO.

I'd rather have specific shuttle times. We use Cortans and for an 11:35am flight, I'd sign up for the 8:30am shuttle.

We have a 12:10 flight and currently have an 8:45 reservation with Cortrans. Do you think that I should change to an earlier time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums