Sabitini's

MrSchwump

We ate at Sabitini's for the first time on our most recent cruise (just disembarked today). One word of advice....go there hungry! I felt bad but I couldn't come close to finishing everything served and I'm a big eater.

Several things were unfamiliar to me, like the buratta, but all were really good! The main course was the veal wallet and by the time it came up, I was stuffed. If I had this as home it would have been time for a doggie bag. We were a party of 4 and everybody loved what we ordered but no one could finish. Except for the dessert! :)

While many would not agree, we like Sabatini's much better than the CG. Yes the amount of food they serve is way too much and simply delicious. It is always easy to get into Sabatini's most nights while the CG lines can be long so another plus for Sabatini's. The buratta is simply divine. Glad you enjoyed it

That's a big reason we don't go to the specialty restaurants anymore. We can't eat what is served and don't like leaving a pile of uneaten food to be tossed out.

Mr. Thrak,

If you didn’t have all those :whiskey-glass: :whiskey-glass: :whiskey-glass: :whiskey-glass: Before your dinner you would be able to finish it.

Just kidding your friend.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

That's a big reason we don't go to the specialty restaurants anymore. We can't eat what is served and don't like leaving a pile of uneaten food to be tossed out.

Same here. The last time we ate in Sabatini's our waiter started taking lots of lobster tails out of the shells. I thought he was going to serve everyone in the room but he put them all in front of ME! OMG! I could only eat two of them and was embarrassed to leave so much uneaten food on the table. :o

We ate at Sabitini's for the first time on our most recent cruise (just disembarked today). One word of advice....go there hungry! I felt bad but I couldn't come close to finishing everything served and I'm a big eater.

Several things were unfamiliar to me, like the buratta, but all were really good! The main course was the veal wallet and by the time it came up, I was stuffed. If I had this as home it would have been time for a doggie bag. We were a party of 4 and everybody loved what we ordered but no one could finish. Except for the dessert! :)

Thanks for posting this Joe, I plan on eating there on my cruise. Go Reds

MrSchwump,

Thanks for the review.

Just wondering, what is a veal wallet? How was it prepared?

Regards.

MrSchwump,

Thanks for the review.

Just wondering, what is a veal wallet? How was it prepared?

Regards.

It was sort of like a stuffed pork chop. The veal was sliced open so as to resemble a pita pocket. It was then stuffed with cheese and other tasty goodies. It had a light breading. Really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was sort of like a stuffed pork chop. The veal was sliced open so as to resemble a pita pocket. It was then stuffed with cheese and other tasty goodies. It had a light breading. Really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

Looking forward to trying it on our next cruise. :)

Regards.

We visited Sabatini's twice on the Grsnd Princess last September. This was with the new menu. We were uncomfortably stuffed after the first visit. So, we changed our strategy for the second visit.

There is an off-menu appetizer that they put on your table. It consists of a few slices of prosciutto, which are excellent, and a wire conical basket of these cheese-filled "dough balls." I don't know what they are called. They are wonderful, but, boy, they are dangerously. They could be called "gastric grenades" or "belly bombs." On our first visit we ate them all, and, as I have reported, we paid the price. On our second visit we each limited ourselves to one of these. That turned out to be much more pleasant.

We ate at Sabatinis on the Regal the first week of February. It was absolutely the best dinner we had the entire week both in terms of the quality of the food and proper service.

It was well worth the $25 extra charge per person. In contrast, the Crown Grill was a real disappointment and I wouldn’t return there.

I went to Princess website to see if Sabatini's serve steak as an option. We go to CG because one of our group insists on steak and is not big on Italian.

I found two different Sabatini menus - Sabatini's and Sabatini Trattoria - the first has Bass and Steak, the second does not.

Further research showed Trattoria is on Grand and Caribbean - Sabatini's is on other ships. We will be on the Crown next so maybe Sabatini's will satisfy all of us. :D