Fascination Question

jomoin

I know some (but not all) of Carnival's ships have metal walls where magnets can be used. Does anyone know if the Fascination's inside cabins have metal walls? Thanks for any help on this!!!

I know some (but not all) of Carnival's ships have metal walls where magnets can be used. Does anyone know if the Fascination's inside cabins have metal walls? Thanks for any help on this!!!

We sailed Fascination in February.

We were very surprised when our magnets did NOT stick to the walls nor to the ceiling!

Apparently the walls and ceiling are either not metal or don't have enough metal for magnets.

I sailed the Fascination on late 2016 and magnets stuck to the ceiling and walls. I actually bought a surprise decoration package for the room and all attachment points (at the ceiling) were magnets. We actually rearranged part of it and stick it to the walls with no problem.

We sailed Fascination in February.

We were very surprised when our magnets did NOT stick to the walls nor to the ceiling!

Apparently the walls and ceiling are either not metal or don't have enough metal for magnets.

Thanks for the info!

We sailed the Fascination this last February. We had the same experience as Stargate fan. Our magnets DID NOT stick to the walls or ceiling, with one exception.....the inside of the bathroom door.

We had an ocean view on Empress Deck but I don't see why that would make any difference?

We sailed the Fascination this last February. We had the same experience as Stargate fan. Our magnets DID NOT stick to the walls or ceiling, with one exception.....the inside of the bathroom door.

We had an ocean view on Empress Deck but I don't see why that would make any difference?

Was this before or after the dry dock?? I also had an ocean view cabin on Empress deck (E130) and magnets did stick. I don't know ou'd it will show but the link below is from my Fascination review from Oct. 2016. Post #65 has pictures of the decoration in the room, all attached with magnets. Maybe they changed something on the wall panels during dry dock?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51723533&postcount=65

Was this before or after the dry dock?? I also had an ocean view cabin on Empress deck (E130) and magnets did stick. I don't know ou'd it will show but the link below is from my Fascination review from Oct. 2016. Post #65 has pictures of the decoration in the room, all attached with magnets. Maybe they changed something on the wall panels during dry dock?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51723533&postcount=65

Hi Stinger, this was the second sailing after dry dock. I had brought all sizes of magnetic hooks and they only worked on the inside of the bathroom door. I left them when we disembarked, hopefully next guest appreciated them. We were in E-64.

Hi Stinger, this was the second sailing after dry dock. I had brought all sizes of magnetic hooks and they only worked on the inside of the bathroom door. I left them when we disembarked, hopefully next guest appreciated them. We were in E-64.

Hey, we were on the same sailing!

First of all, this was one of the best cruises we have ever taken. The crew and entertainment is great!! We were on the Upper Deck-- magnets did not work anywhere except in the bathroom. We were on the Fascination in March-- after the dry dock.

Anyone have any pictures of the inside of the room? I'm guessing something changed on the wall paneling during dry dock. I could be mistaken, though.

On a side note, I did the same itinerary on the Valor and on the Liberty before the Fascination and the last one was my favorite one of the three. We had a blast and the CD Marcelo was awesome!!