Deck location and motion

july2012

7 will have more motion, but some people are more effected by the fact that the waves “look” bigger from lower decks, for us the most important thing is to be close to mid ship.

When picking your cabin think of a ship as several teeter-totters stacked over each other. The higher from the waterline and more off the center of the length of the ship your cabin is the more movement could be felt. SO if the choice is between cabins in the same section but a higher deck, higher = more motion. BUT a midship cabin on deck 7 might have less motion than a forward or aft cabins on deck 1.

Another factor to take into consideration is most cabins along the outer hull of the ship, the bed placement is that your head and feet are pointed forward and aft. If suffering from seasickness not always the best orientation to lay down for relief. While the interior cabins have the beds mostly set that that your head and feet point toward port and starboard sides. This gives to some what feels like a soothing rocking motion.

Thanks

This is exactly the information I needed

I will be staying in deck1

This is where I usually stay but friend wanted to move up decks on next cruise...

No thanks my son and I could end up very miserable

This upcoming cruise is our do over got sick on last cruise cold or flu I don’t know just sick

So not taking any chances on next cruise

being life long sailors, we completely understand the science, however, twice we stay in a Spa Balcony, deck 12 forward on the Magic and Dream. We did not notice any significant motion and slept like babies.