Tobago update

Vineyard View

Wonderig how the island of Tobago is doing post hurricanes? We have considered the rain forest vs Pigeon Point beach for our afternoon in port. We arrive 12/27. Not sure what the forest conditions are now?

Also, On my previous post the cost of taking a cab to Pidgeon point wasn’t clear to me for two people round trip - would someone please clarify this for me as well?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

We have just done Trinidad and the rainforest, it is amazing. The hurricane did no real damage. Best excursion there. Adored all the birds and hummingbirds. We did the town afterwards and did not like......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

We went to both Store Bay and Pigeon Point. Pigeon Point has a small admission fee and more extensive beach area. Because taxis have to pay to get into the park, as well, and it is farther than Store Bay they will charge more to go there. I think the going rate for a taxi is around $50 round trip unless you catch a "route taxi" or per person taxi, on the street in front of the cruise port. This only works for Store Bay and is around $2/person each way.

While the beaches at Pigeon Point looked prettier, we enjoyed Store Bay--easier to get to, clean shower/restroom facilities ($1 US for day use), inexpensive lounges and umbrellas, and there is some snorkeling off to the right around the rocks. (Apparently there is no snorkeling at Pigeon Point except from the tour boats.) The day we were there, the glass bottom boat tours could not take on passengers there due to waves so we were driven to Pigeon Point, but normally you can apparently catch the tours at Store Bay.

Mcmarya - wow, thank you for responding to this thread! I very much appreciate your time.

Store Bay is a new one for me. I haven’t heard of this before so I will be looking at this after your review! Our ship will offer a beach trip to Pigeon Point.....reasonable pricing after reading your taxi costs.....bit it would mean a large group of people that you are with for the day whereas it sounds like Store Bay might be just as nice and lower key/quieter.

If the boat could not get in to SB were the waves too large there to swim in the water? Also is there any food/drinks available at Store Bay?

Thanks again!

It looked like food and drinks are available though we did not purchase any. We were able to swim even though it was a bit wavy. We also managed to snorkel around the rocks on the right side. It was not quite as wavy at Pigeon Point--I'm sure it all depends on the day you are there, which way the wind is blowing. We were also there at high tide. Apparently the weather had been bad for 3 or 4 days before we were there and it was the first day that week that the boats could go out.

Store Bay is a pretty narrow beach, not as nice as the Pigeon Point ones. But, there is a bit of snorkeling if that is a plus for you. If you want to know more, check reviews on Trip Advisor. The taxi fare is probably going to be around $50 round trip (per taxi, not per person) for either place (unless you happen upon a cheap taxi that will take you to Store Bay). I've attached a picture of Store Bay.

crown_point_beach_tobago.jpg.433991e8e583b644f9434087796e02eb.jpg

• 8 months later...