Snorkel Indecision - Help, Please!

LostFan#1

Did Woodwind in Bonaire late last year, and it was great. It always gets great reviews. Haven't snorkeled in Grand Turk,

Thanks! I have seen so many great reviews of snorkeling in Bonaire. Thanks for confirming. I hope someone else can weigh in on Bonaire vs Grand Turk.

Bonaire is probably the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. One of the benefits is that you can take a ferry over to Kline Bonaire and drift snorkel right off the beach.

We are booked on Woodwind this time but might ditch it for a ferry. Will decide a bit before we go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, labates629 said:

What do you do with your stuff if you do drift snorkel?  Not keen on leaving anything unattended...

If you are with the Woodwind group you have nothing to worry about. We have sailed with them 3 times and have left wallets, cameras, cash, passport, etc... They have been in business for years and want to be around many more. One incident of theft would be all over social media and destroy their excellent reputation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/1/2018 at 9:31 PM, Duanerice1 said:

Bonaire is probably the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. One of the benefits is that you can take a ferry over to Kline Bonaire and drift snorkel right off the beach.

We are booked on Woodwind this time but might ditch it for a ferry. Will decide a bit before we go.

Did you end up going with Woodwind or take the ferry? We usually prefer snorkeling on our own but only if the quality is as good as where the tour would take you.

6 hours ago, momof4blessings said:

Did you end up going with Woodwind or take the ferry? We usually prefer snorkeling on our own but only if the quality is as good as where the tour would take you.

Yes we did.  As other folks have said Woodwind is very good.  The reason we did is my wife was more comfortable doing it this way.  Next time we will take the ferry.  Woodwind didn't have enough water time for me.  

You can't go wrong either way.

enjoy

• Like 1