Liberty lido deck staterooms, help!

kelbell

For anyone that has stayed on this deck, how did u find the noise level? We are in cabin 9230. Thanks

I had an interior room nearby. It was AWESOME! Can’t beat the location and never heard a noise of any sort. It was one of the best locations I’ve had-now if only it would have been a balcony! We had a group. People were always storing their stuff in my cabin since it was so easy to access.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lido and Panorama are two great decks. Less cabins means less foot traffic. The only place we ever heard noise was if we were out on our balcony we could hear the music if something was going on.

What we like about it is that if we need something from our cabin, it's a short run to go back to it. And on sea days, the bathrooms on the Lido deck are usually a little more messy with everybody going in there with their wet bathing suits on. We just run back to our cabin and use our own bathroom.

A quick word of warning for those who book lido balcony rooms on conquest class ships. If you look at a photo of the exterior of the ship, you’ll notice an area above the lido balconies that’s painted blue and red. The red section of paint hides an air inlet, or exhaust port (I’m not sure which for certain) and it’s extremely noisy. It completely covers up the sound of the ship moving thru the water. We still enjoyed the cruise, but I missed not hearing the water.

I had a Lido balcony on Glory. Best location I've ever had!

Do you remember which cabin you were in? I will be in Lido balcony cabin # 9281 on the Glory in October. Really looking forward to it, but I've noticed that Waterworks is just above the cabin and wondered if it will be crazy loud with children screaming and running all day.

At least it should be quiet at night, right? Very excited to be in Lido balcony - I've been in interiors on Lido deck several times & loved the location.

Just stay away from the area around the Atrium if you go to bed before around midnight. They have bands playing down there and it gets very loud. I have stayed in 9270 and could hear it in my cabin. Twice I was in 9292 and it was very clear in the hallway but not in my cabin. I’m positive the people closer to the Atrium could hear it in theirs just like I didn’t in 9270. In 9292 I did hear kids running as it was at the bottom of the water slide but that closes down fairly early.

One night I was woken up by the workers dragging deck chairs while cleaning. I swear they were just moving one lounger back and forth right above my cabin. After about 30 min maybe longer I don’t remember it was like 3 or 4am I couldn’t take it anymore so I threw on my robe and went out there to see what it was. Yep it was one guy right above my room just standing there with a mop. Not sure how he was exactly cleaning as all the chairs were still out but I yelled “Seriously?!” and went back to bed. No more noises after that.

A quick word of warning for those who book lido balcony rooms on conquest class ships. If you look at a photo of the exterior of the ship, you’ll notice an area above the lido balconies that’s painted blue and red. The red section of paint hides an air inlet, or exhaust port (I’m not sure which for certain) and it’s extremely noisy. It completely covers up the sound of the ship moving thru the water. We still enjoyed the cruise, but I missed not hearing the water.

OMG, YES!!

We had this problem on Liberty back in 2012. Our 9276 balcony was directly under the red vent.

The constant drone of the vent, even in the cabin with the balcony door closed, almost drove me crazy!

122574848410I was not a happy camper at all, but I had no one to blame but me for not researching enough..

enhance

OMG, YES!!

We had this problem on Liberty back in 2012. Our 9276 balcony was directly under the red vent.

The constant drone of the vent, even in the cabin with the balcony door closed, almost drove me crazy!

122574848410I was not a happy camper at all, but I had no one to blame but me for not researching enough..

enhance

Haha. Yep. We stayed in the same room in 2013. It was our first lido balcony. Loved the location, but the noise was awful. My family was in the room next door and it wasn’t nearly as bad even though it was next to us. We learned our lesson too :)

What room numbers are in this area? We are in 9293 on the Glory. Now I'm worried.