Cruising themed Halloween costumes!

crusinpsychRN

Please share your ideas for costumes. How elaborate do you get?

I don't dress-up in a Costume........

I have Halloween T-Shirts,I'll wear one of those

with black pants.............:)

I am going on the Fascination-10/28/2013.......

Happy Halloween Cruise..........

Edited by BARBARA J.W.

When my neice graduated from hs my SIL had a party for her and neice wanted a "theme party." She said everyone has to come dressed up as someone from a movie. I went as Rose from Titanic! :p I wore a long gown and long gloves (actually I went to the $ store and bought a pack of fishnet knee highs. Cut out the toe area and used them as gloves! :D GENIUS!) I even had a beautiful necklace that was "costume jewelry" from my grandma that looked like the necklace she had in the movie. I bought a child's swim ring and put USS Titanic on it with magic marker and carried that as a "lifesaver." :rolleyes: Just an idea...have a great cruise!

Saw this Guy Fieri costume"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrity-Chef-Wig-Guy-Fieri-Costume-Accessory-Goatee-/200934111799

I looked on line for Titanic period gowns and they were really expensive!

Ken and Barbie are cute!

I'm putting together a "cave tube" costume, complete with Butts Up! Hope it comes together! Up for suggestions!

One of the things I love about cruising in the fall is the Halloween costumes! I have seen some very expensive theatrical costumes and some homemade ones. Some of the most clever I have seen were from Pinterest ideas. Whatever the costume every one seems to have a good time! Sad this year, even with two cruises I will miss Halloween on board.

Saw this Guy Fieri costume"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celebrity-Chef-Wig-Guy-Fieri-Costume-Accessory-Goatee-/200934111799

I looked on line for Titanic period gowns and they were really expensive!

Ken and Barbie are cute!

I'm putting together a "cave tube" costume, complete with Butts Up! Hope it comes together! Up for suggestions!

If you have a thrift shop/second hand store in your area, you could go there for clothes to make a costume. For Titanic/Rose you could even wear a lacy long nightgown! :D Ken and Barbie are adorable! Can't figure out what a cave tube costume is! :confused::confused:

We went as Titanic passengers who did not make it into a lifeboat. We put a lot of work into our costumes. I studied the makeup from the frozen bodies at the end of Titanic and bought professional theatrical makeup to try to replicate actual frostbite. We got a kit to put 'ice' crystals in our hair. I made Titanic style life vests using white pillowcases. I made a Titanic life ring. We sewed plastic icicles on our clothes (sat in the buffet all day on Halloween doing that last minute). We got our outfits from eBay and Goodwill. You can get tuxedos cheap on eBay. I will try to put pictures below, but I haven't ever done that so I may screw it up.

photostream

photostream

If you have a thrift shop/second hand store in your area, you could go there for clothes to make a costume. For Titanic/Rose you could even wear a lacy long nightgown! :D Ken and Barbie are adorable! Can't figure out what a cave tube costume is! :confused::confused:

I've got a "fake butt in a bikini", inner tube with signs "Butts Up!", big bat attached to tshirt saying "I survived cave tubing", light up "noodle" hair, water shoes etc. Very goofy.

Aimee, those Titanic costumes are really fabulous!

I'm a haunted house actor and I wore my full gear on the Carnival Triumpth 2010 Halloween Cruise. Going back again but wearing my chain spiked pants and jacket with same face and claws.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Agahnim/Carnival%20Cruise%20Photos/PHTO0026.jpg Accidentally scared this crew member without knowing while having this photo taken. lol!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/Agahnim/Carnival%20Cruise%20Photos/PHTO0030.jpg Clearer shot of me hanging with a pirate.

Not really out to win a contest even though I won a few back in the day. I noticed the winners of the cruise contests are those who are in themed groups anyway. I'm just there for the fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill be on the Inspiration this year, here is the costume Ill be wearing that i sewed.

Its from Starwars

1119848_4592090138703_1106241687_o_zpsbf47ad35.jpg

Whole family will be in starwars garb (i think) I dunno.. i have multiple costumes for all my family, kinda fun to do group stuff though!

Edited by DawnBright

We've seen some really elaborate costumes over the years...my faves were a dead couple from the Titanic (they won the costume contest on the dream in 2010), a group dressed up like The characters from the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and a group dressed like the love boat characters. Absolutely my fave time of year to cruise ;)

Last year we were on the Explorer of the Seas for Halloween. The cruise it self was the worst cruise ever (Hurricane Sandy) but Halloween was fun. I made my husbands and my costumes, he was the Grinch stole Christmas and I was the Cat in the Hat. They gave out prizes for individual costumes and group costumes and I don't remember the individual who won but the group of 4 that won were great - They were Dorothy, The Scarecrow, The Tin man and the Lion from The Wizard of Oz. Wish I was cruising this Halloween can't wait to do it again.