First timers

baskuis

Hi fellow cruisers,

My name is Bas, we live in the Netherlands near the German boarder.

16 months ago we booked our first cruise. In 40 days, we will be embarking the Carnival Glory. I've read tons of information on this forum about the ship, cruising itself, the ports and so on. I want to say thanks for all the info!

We will be flying out of Amsterdam on sept. 21, to Miami. We have a hotel for a night before and a night after the cruise in South Beach. Sept. 22 we will be sailing out of Miami to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We booked excursions through Carnival for all stops execpt Cozumel, we will do a Mr. Sanchoz day there. Although we are not the biggest drinkers as far as alcohol goes, we do like our speciality coffee, occasional beer and all, we purchased Cheers to be on the safe side and not think about a big bill afterwards. We have cabins 6269 and 6267 on the ship. Hope they are any good. We are really looking forward to it.

Gr. Bas.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Hi fellow cruisers,

16 months ago we booked our first cruise. In 40 days, we will be embarking the Carnival Glory. I've read tons of information on this forum about the ship, cruising itself, the ports and so on. I want to say thanks for all the info!

We will be flying out of Amsterdam on sept. 21, to Miami. We have a hotel for a night before and a night after the cruise in South Beach. Sept. 22 we will be sailing out of Miami to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. We booked excursions through Carnival for all stops execpt Cozumel, we will do a Mr. Sanchoz day there. Although we are not the biggest drinkers as far as alcohol goes, we do like our speciality coffee, occasional beer and all, we purchased Cheers to be on the safe side and not think about a big bill afterwards. We have cabins 6269 and 6267 on the ship. Hope they are any good. We are really looking forward to it.

Gr. Bas.

Sounds great. I have done this itinerary and loved it. What excursions will you be taking?

Sounds great. I have done this itinerary and loved it. What excursions will you be taking?
At Grand Cayman; Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Center Experience

At Roatan; Relax On The Beach Package

At Belize; Snorkeling Wonders of the Barrier Reef

At Cozumel i booked mr Sanchoz for the 4 of us.

Me and my gf have naver been on a real cruise on the open water, we did a Nile cruise a few years ago which was great but at no point similar to this.

My mom and her boyfriend, whom will be sailing with us, have been on a few cruises, same itinerary as this but did this with Costa Luminosa i believe, they did a cruise with "Mein Schiff" to Aruba, Barbados and those islands, and with Costa Atlantica from Dubai to Singapore. As i can see Carnival is moreof a joy and fest cruise, not so much high end and luxery which would suite us just fine. Guess we will have a blast.

Sorry about any type errors, don't use my english enough

Here's a tip for the Grand Cayman turtle experience. It's a guided tour and near the beginning of the tour they offer to take photos of you holding the baby turtles for $40 and at that point in the tour you are left to believe that's the only opportunity to hold and have photos with the baby turtles as a long line develops quickly for the photo op. But after that you are led to the holding pools where you can actually get in the water with the turtles, knee deep, pick up and have your family take photos of you for free. HAVE FUN! The turtles were the main highlight on our last cruise. The older ones are majestic and the young ones have beautiful skin, shells, plastrons and faces - and they are very friendly to humans. Damn shame people eat them.

Thx for the Turtle tip! Somehow i'm allergic to those expensive pictures and must because of only option. We will do it a little afterwards with family. Dining in south beach is the only thing actually that i haven't planned, simply because of the long flight from Amsterdam with stops in between, leaving early morning here, adjusting to the time in Miami, have the idea that we are tired as we can be then haha. We will see what we will do there, but will take the adress with me.

Thx!

At Grand Cayman; Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Center Experience

At Roatan; Relax On The Beach Package

Just so you know, the Mahogany Bay port, where you will dock in Roatan, is right next to a beach you can use for free. There ARE restaurants, bars, etc., available there, too. All within easy walking distance of the ship.

Yeah there are plenty of options in Roatan, but my mom en her bf Wanted to go to something they went before, so thats why its this.

Just saw there are (some) fttf tickets available, we are talking about taking it.

Stupid question, what type of powerplugs are used on the ship? Do i need the American conversion type?

Yes its the first time for me and my gf going west from Europe.

Yeah there are plenty of options in Roatan, but my mom en her bf Wanted to go to something they went before, so thats why its this.

Just saw there are (some) fttf tickets available, we are talking about taking it.

Stupid question, what type of powerplugs are used on the ship? Do i need the American conversion type?

Yes its the first time for me and my gf going west from Europe.

Usually you will find both types of outlets, with just a North American one in the bathroom. Watch a couple of Youtube videos where people show their cabins; they often show the outlets. Make sure it's a recent one in case renovations have changed anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more, slighty embarrasing question.. i have a "sleaping disorder", and won't be able to sleep without some sleeping pills. I have never given it any thought, but without a docters declaration and paperwork from the embassy i'm not allowed to taked them with me. There is no way i have this ready before the cruise. i don't see the humor in getting some extra free time from work due to drugs transport, eventhough its only 10 tablets. Are these things available in the US in some big shop of pharmacy or even on the ship (legal ofcourse!)

Sorry for the dumb question.

I have one more, slighty embarrasing question.. i have a "sleaping disorder", and won't be able to sleep without some sleeping pills. I have never given it any thought, but without a docters declaration and paperwork from the embassy i'm not allowed to taked them with me. There is no way i have this ready before the cruise. i don't see the humor in getting some extra free time from work due to drugs transport, eventhough its only 10 tablets. Are these things available in the US in some big shop of pharmacy or even on the ship (legal ofcourse!)

Sorry for the dumb question.

Typically sleeping pills will not be restricted from carrying with, unless they are considered an illegal narcotic (marijuana, cocaine, etc). If they are prescribed pills, you will have no problem with them cross ing most any border.

Why do you think that you will need embassy permission to take your medication?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi fellow cruisers,

Gr. Bas.

https://www.icruise.com/cabins/carnival-cruises-carnival-glory-cabin-6269.html

You can buy Tylenol PM or Alleve PM in the airport, at any grocery store or gas station, maybe in your hotel lobby/gift shop, and possibly onboard in the Carnival shops. These are legal everywhere and will help you sleep even though they are not prescription strength.

I also believe you can bring your prescription medicines with you as long as they are in the original containers. We take ours to other countries yearly (including yours last year) but maybe it is different for you coming here but I can't imagine that it would be??

You won’t be able to fill a prescription on the ship. I do not believe a pharmacy in Miami will fill a prescription from out of the country. Can your doctor communicate directly with an American pharmacy so a small prescription could be ready to pick up in Miami? Opiods are a big deal here now so prescriptions are carefully monitored. You can use google to find contact information for a pharmacy close toy your Miami hotel.