Proof of ID

trishh

Morning all,

I'm sailing with my daughter from Sydney to Melbourne in November, and the only proof of ID I have for her is an expired passport. We've used that a couple of years ago on Princess when my son's passport had expired and we were only going round Tassie, but I'm not sure if P & O will also accept it. Does anyone know the answer?

Trish

"For cruises that don't visit any foreign ports, a valid passport or government issued photo identification is needed"

It looks like you need a current passport or drivers licence, or:

https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/transport-and-regional/registration-and-licences/proof-of-age-card

P&O sent me an email recently about acceptable I D . It was really good because there were a few options. One surprised me, drivers licences that has expired in last 5 years . I thought it would have to be current. Mine expires while on my cruise. So as soon as the renewal came I paid it and it has arrived.

I can't find the email on my phone . When I'm at home I'll try check again. I did try the website but it's hard to search for stuff.

Could you get her a proof of age card . It's should arrive in time

P&O sent me an email recently about acceptable I D . It was really good because there were a few options. One surprised me, drivers licences that has expired in last 5 years . I thought it would have to be current. Mine expires while on my cruise. So as soon as the renewal came I paid it and it has arrived.

I can't find the email on my phone . When I'm at home I'll try check again. I did try the website but it's hard to search for stuff.

Could you get her a proof of age card . It's should arrive in time

"For cruises that don't visit any foreign ports, a valid passport or government issued photo identification is needed"

It looks like you need a current passport or drivers licence, or:

https://www.australia.gov.au/information-and-services/transport-and-regional/registration-and-licences/proof-of-age-card

Hi everyone,

thanks for your feedback. I rang P & O directly and they've confirmed that for a domestic cruise they will accept a passport that has expired in the past 5 years. I was going to get a proof of age card but they need a current passport to issue one. Money is a bit tight so I didn't want to get a passport if I didn't really need to.

Trish

• 2 weeks later...

So I found the email. It was sent twice for some reason. However when I clicked on the link that said acceptable I.D the link no longer worked. I then printed out my cruise ticket/documents and it states valid I.D

id.jpg.53b1dc5bfe10f1f956334a439e2fdac5.jpg