Peeping Tom on the balcony

Two 2 Tango

I had an almost incident with a restricted view balcony , the life boat was just under the balcony with the top visible. on this particular day the crew were cleaning the top of the boat , I dint realise until I opened the curtains early morning stark naked thank fully the chap had his back to me otherwise he would have had more of a shock than me . Needless to say I ve learnt by my mistake

I am sure the guys were as surprised as you and your wife.

From your account it sounds like the guys were working. They were not joyriding looking for unsuspecting pax in various stages of undress.

Accidents happen.

I still remember when I was a teenager and my brother walks into my room and I was naked. Ew. And I also remember the time I was in my 20's and working at the mall. I was at the cash register and when I leaned forward I noticed a man ogling and I realized he had a full view of my breasts. I was embarassed and shaken. So, I get how you both feel.

But these guys were just doing their jobs. I would not call them "peeping toms", "oglers", maybe.

Yeah, you should have received a notice.

Maybe you did not like the way the cruise line apologized, but at least they made a gesture. What do you feel you still need?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Give the guy a break. Sometimes you guys go just a little too far.

I would tend to agree with you, but think about this for a second.

You are sitting on your balcony as your wife gets ready to shower. All is very quiet as you are in port., which is the only time they wash the windows. Hmmm. Did this man not hear anything? Didn't hear the scaffolding? Didn't hear them talking? Most importantly, didn't hear the very loud sound of water hitting the ship? What would be the first thing you would do. I would stand up, go over to the railing to see what was going on and what the noise was. Pretty sure most people would. So:

A. He wasn't out on the balcony, which is why he never heard any noise, and he saw the men through the open drape window, grabbed his phone or camera and took a picture.

B. He WAS on the balcony, DID see and hear the men and took a picture.

Great opportunity to complain, right? Get something for free or perhaps OBC.

Keep in mind, he did not mention his wife's ailment until later in the thread, so I tend not even to believe that either, because that would have been an important detail, if not the most important.

If ANY of this is true, a couple of other details. The men are out in the sun. Could they even have seen the woman? They would have to squint and focus to see through the window. Why would a low self esteem woman disrobe in broad daylight in front of an open window? I am assuming she is no spring chicken and neither am I. Just can't picture it.

He does not sound like he is trying to protect his wife. Sounds like he's wants some sort of compensation or much, much more. Cannot stand people that screw the system.

Peeping Tom? Give me a freaking break. A peeping tom is someone that deliberately seeks out their prey. These poor men were just doing their job.

What is wrong with wveryone that they get so angry when some one complains about something they've never had issue with? I have a house thats not in a neighborhood but there are houses around. We have huge windows but no one can really see in them because they either face the woods or are on the swcond floor. I get dressed and undressed all the time in my room. So If I was facing just the water I wouldn't think twice either. Of course if this happened to us my hisband probably would have thrown something at them. Also MSC has screwed up almost everything on my booking so far. So I wouldn't put it past them to forget to sens a notification out. They're usually handed out when they do turn down service the night before.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

I had a friend ( RIP Vanessa) who had a saying which I only discovered when I accidentally walked in on her in her home bathroom. Her saying was “ if you haven’t seen it before shoot it ! “

She never locked her bathroom door and I did not realise she was in there. It was an accident , pure and simple.

I am one of those people who closes curtains when getting ready to take a shower, open water view or not, neighbours do lean over balconies !!.

OP , you need to chalk this down to experience and laugh about it. Life is too short to stress over something which caused no physical harm, be thankful your wife is still with you after overcoming her recent health issues.

I had a friend ( RIP Vanessa) who had a saying which I only discovered when I accidentally walked in on her in her home bathroom. Her saying was “ if you haven’t seen it before shoot it ! “

She never locked her bathroom door and I did not realise she was in there. It was an accident , pure and simple.

I am one of those people who closes curtains when getting ready to take a shower, open water view or not, neighbours do lean over balconies !!.

OP , you need to chalk this down to experience and laugh about it. Life is too short to stress over something which caused no physical harm, be thankful your wife is still with you after overcoming her recent health issues.

Great attitude!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would have been an accident if we had forgotten to close the curtains having had notice, but we had no notice so this is bad practice and negligence. Didn't mention before but my wife is just recovering from breast cancer and radical surgery so it wasn't very good for her self esteem.
I am so sorry for your wife. I know she must feel very humiliated.

I hope she gets better. Again so sorry.

I have been on 30plus cruises and never had my balcony cleaned while sailing in open water. It has only been done on port days. But maybe mine were the exceptions

He never said that the ship was sailing. Just that the cabin was facing open water. I would suspect that the cabin was facing open water, but that the ship was in port.

When in port ship maintenance including washing windows, painting, etc. are pretty much normal events.

Maybe its just me. I always close the curtains when disrobing. Just sounds like an accident to me, not a deliberate action. Law suit? SMH Good luck with that.

Not me... I don't bother to close them. If someone looks in while I am disrobing, believe me - they will look away. :')

Also I'd have thought it was standard practice to have the curtains shut when disrobing,

on deck 12?????

The other question that always has to be asked when someone starts talking about suing is, 'what are the damages'. There don't seem to be any financial damages.

well, let's see. He could have been reading a book, an e-book reader, using a tablet/ipad, or some other electronic device like a cell phone. If he got soaked, chances are - whatever he was holding got soaked.

If he got soaked, of course.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Never stopped spraying just stopped to have a good look. Deck 12 open water in front of you, why would you close the curtains? How would you feel if it was your wife, or do you both get undressed in the bathroom just in case someone comes abseiling down the side of the ship.

You should follow through. Go ahead and sue them. What have you got to loose?

Please report back your outcome.

Good luck.

King

Last I heard ---all women have the same parts and all men have the same parts...IF adult men doesn't know what a woman looks like, then I don't know what to tell ya. BUT, if you see something you have never seen before....shoot it!

I would tend to agree with you, but think about this for a second.

You are sitting on your balcony as your wife gets ready to shower. All is very quiet as you are in port., which is the only time they wash the windows. Hmmm. Did this man not hear anything? Didn't hear the scaffolding? Didn't hear them talking? Most importantly, didn't hear the very loud sound of water hitting the ship? What would be the first thing you would do. I would stand up, go over to the railing to see what was going on and what the noise was. Pretty sure most people would. So:

A. He wasn't out on the balcony, which is why he never heard any noise, and he saw the men through the open drape window, grabbed his phone or camera and took a picture.

B. He WAS on the balcony, DID see and hear the men and took a picture.

Great opportunity to complain, right? Get something for free or perhaps OBC.

Keep in mind, he did not mention his wife's ailment until later in the thread, so I tend not even to believe that either, because that would have been an important detail, if not the most important.

If ANY of this is true, a couple of other details. The men are out in the sun. Could they even have seen the woman? They would have to squint and focus to see through the window. Why would a low self esteem woman disrobe in broad daylight in front of an open window? I am assuming she is no spring chicken and neither am I. Just can't picture it.

He does not sound like he is trying to protect his wife. Sounds like he's wants some sort of compensation or much, much more. Cannot stand people that screw the system.

Peeping Tom? Give me a freaking break. A peeping tom is someone that deliberately seeks out their prey. These poor men were just doing their job.

Pure speculation. You were not there.

Let the OP have his day in court.

King

OP - would it be possible that they did give you a memo but you accidentally threw it out? I always get a crap load of papers that I either just push into the drawer or into the garbage. If everyone on your floor never received the memo, then you can probably blame the ship for not letting you know.

But in any case, what are you looking for? An apology? A free cruise...or just warning us?

OP - would it be possible that they did give you a memo but you accidentally threw it out? I always get a crap load of papers that I either just push into the drawer or into the garbage. If everyone on your floor never received the memo, then you can probably blame the ship for not letting you know.

But in any case, what are you looking for? An apology? A free cruise...or just warning us?

Boy if I had a warning, I could press myself up against the balcony glass door.(sans cloths)...THEN I would get paid to put my cloths back ON!