Peeping Tom on the balcony

Two 2 Tango

Boy if I had a warning, I could press myself up against the balcony glass door.(sans cloths)...THEN I would get paid to put my cloths back ON!

LOL I chuckled...:'):')clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

The phrase "peeping Tom" implies intent and someone camping out with purpose and trying to hide. Sounds like a spraying window cleaning machine in motion does not fit that description.

I too think that the men likely couldn't see into the room and instead likely paused as they saw the husband scrambling and thought to pause in case he was trying to remove items from the balcony.

What's up with the sudden desire to sue? Isn't this the second threatened lawsuit this week?!

This is the definition, I don't see the factors here to warrant any lawsuit.

peep·ing Tom

/ˌpēpiNG ˈtäm/

noun

• 1.a person who derives ****** pleasure from secretly watching people undressing or engaging in ******** activity.

Ok, I cannot resist posting my opinion on this topic. Keep in mind that I have cruised for over forty years and spent far more than 1000 days on cruise ships or many lines. My first reaction was that the passengers know that its a big no-no to keep your balcony door open because it has a huge impact on the A/C for an entire section of the ship. As a long term frequent cruiser I have no sympathy of those who keep balcony doors open :).

As to the entire situation I must admit that its hard to keep from laughing. The crewman were simply doing their job and were likely as shocked as the lady and her husband. Sure they stopped and stared and probably were thinking, "there goes my job." The screw-up was obviously somewhere in communications between the engineering/maintenance department and the Hotel Department. Yes, the passengers should have received advance notification of the cleaning and this is absolutely a foul up. The passengers should have certainly received an apology from the Hotel Department and probably a bottle of wine (Asti is a poor substitute for decent wine).

What is probably more interesting is what must have happened behind the scenes. This is the kind of issue that quickly gets elevated to a very high level and everyone runs for cover (pun intended). In real life you might have the Hotel Department saying to engineering "you never told us you were going to be cleaning balconies at that time" and the engineering department likely said, "we told you and you lost our message" or something like that. Passengers sometimes forget that large cruise ships are like a medium size city with thousands of moving parts and lots of communication (and the lack thereof). Sometimes things go wrong and this is certainly such a case. Perhaps the lesson is that if you are going to be nude and are not an exhibitionist please keep your doors closed (and locked) and curtains pulled.

Hank

Apart from being soaked by a hose, this happened to me when I was on Divina. I also received no notification. No reason not to be naked if you are out to sea! I quickly grabbed my town, closed my blinds, and recounted me story to my dinner table mates. Some lively conversation ensued.

Boy if I had a warning, I could press myself up against the balcony glass door.(sans cloths)...THEN I would get paid to put my cloths back ON!

An Exhibitionist or Flasher doing a “pressed ham”?;p

Enjoy.

King

So no Peeping Tom, just the window cleaner doing their job.

If we ever missed the memo and this scenario occurred I'd rather my DH jumped up quickly to close the curtain rather than take pictures.

And it would have taken the wife about 2 seconds to jump back into the bathroom. And most of the balconies aren't all that wide so one would presume the OP was blocking most of the view. But most damning of all was the impulse to document, rather than ameliorate, the situation. Regardless of whether there was someone undressed in the cabin, whose first impulse upon being soaked on their balcony is to grab a camera, rather than to just tell 'Hey! What are you doing.'

I'm not buying the story as told. I'm sure there were washers, but the rest of the story, from the no notification, to the undressing wife, to the taking of the picture, to the delaying of dealing with it on the ship, stinks.

Thanks for that but I have given them seven days to make some kind of meaningful reply, but all I have had is the standard 28 days letter. This should have been sorted on the ship but they were using delay tactics to get to the last day and then were rude and aggressive so don't think they are leaving me much option. I did get chance to photograph them so they will not have much defence and a lawyer would have a field day.

PS are you quoting from experience or is there something written down stating that this is the way things progress.

OMG Really? Lawyer for what?Some one saw your wife necked? Wow what you want to get million $ compensation? :'):')

Thanks for that but I have given them seven days to make some kind of meaningful reply, but all I have had is the standard 28 days letter. This should have been sorted on the ship but they were using delay tactics to get to the last day and then were rude and aggressive so don't think they are leaving me much option. I did get chance to photograph them so they will not have much defence and a lawyer would have a field day.

PS are you quoting from experience or is there something written down stating that this is the way things progress.

I know in my workplace when someone mentions lawyer, we are to immediately stop talking and refer to our legal team as well. I am not in this industry, but I think that is pretty standard.

OMG Really? Lawyer for what?Some one saw your wife necked? Wow what you want to get million $ compensation? :'):')

A million in compensation. Really??!! I'm going to stand in my cabin naked for the whole of the next cruise :'):'):') They pay me, right?

I'm sure the circumstances could've been distressing for the lady concerned but unfortunately the OP hasn't painted a0 scenario to evoke empathy.

A million in compensation. Really??!! I'm going to stand in my cabin naked for the whole of the next cruise :'):'):') They pay me, right?

I'm sure the circumstances could've been distressing for the lady concerned but unfortunately the OP hasn't painted a0 scenario to evoke empathy.

Me too ;p

Perhaps I didn't get the details correct here... OP was sitting on the balcony, wife comes out of the bathroom naked, crew washing a balcony for the adjoining stateroom. Did the wife walk out onto the balcony? Or did the window washing guys stick their heads around the divider? I just can't picture how someone on the neighboring balcony could see INTO the room.

While I have sympathy for any woman who feels 'violated' by having her seen by surprise, these crew members were obviously doing their job and not acting as 'peeping toms' . Truth be told in this capacity they have probably seen enough flesh where it becomes a 'hazard' of the job.

Does remind me of a cruise where we were sleeping unclothed as we pulled into port, the balcony shades and doors open. There were no ships in site as we docked early and I cracked an eye open but I awoke a little later to see a ship directly across from us. I scrambled to alert my wife and close the drapes but doubt that there was any real interest in our cabin although we did think at the time that all of the other ship's passengers had assembled solely to peer into our cabin. Also thought we noted some 'smiles across the way but sure it was in our mind.

We once pulled into port in Jamaica last port was a tender so we really thought nothing of it. Woke up not even realizing we had already docked and my husband walks out onto balcony wearing only what the dear Lord gave him. There was a steel drum band playing straight infront of him! He walked back in laughing and said" Well were here...AAAND we're docked!". We still laugh about it!

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app