Is the sleep space enough?

Ashnal

We are just off the Solstice. My daughter and son-in-law sailed with us with their 4 and 6 year olds. The sofa, which was near the balcony door, converted to a bed and there was a trundle under it. Also on the floor there was a configuration where the sofa became a bed and there was a pull down that turned it into a bunk bed. Converting to a bed means there is a mattress topper hooked on top of the sofa. I babysat one night - it was comfortable enough for a kid. You just have to be sure what configuration you are getting because sometimes the symbols are misleading. As they get older - 10 ish - I would consider an inside cabin across from the main cabin. Or check out a 2 BR suite, but that might be more expensive.

Just to point out, you have sailed on an S class ship (Solstice) which has a totally different configuration to that of M class ships (which is what the OP is enquiring about). M class quad balconies are just like the photograph shown in a few posts back ;).

IMHO 4 people in a regular balcony on M class will be very tight. Have sailed many times in that category (or OV for that matter) but there were only 3 of us and it was crowded. On M class, you need to go to Concierge Class or above to get rooms as large as a basic balcony or outside cabin on S class. Since you are on an M class ship, expect to get to know each other really well! If you have any chance to change to Concierge Class I would highly recommend it. If not, there will be room for everyone to sleep.

And to the person who suggest booking for 5 and then cancelling one last minute - really?! You might have prevented a family of 5 from sailing at all on that ship if the FV's were all booked (which they often are, early on), and they could not afford 2 rooms. Just because you can 'work the system' doesn't make it right. My opinion.

Concierge cabins on M class are only available for a maximum of 3 pax, even though they are slightly bigger than regular balconies i.e. 2A, 2B & 2C categories.

And to the person who suggest booking for 5 and then cancelling one last minute - really?! You might have prevented a family of 5 from sailing at all on that ship if the FV's were all booked (which they often are, early on), and they could not afford 2 rooms. Just because you can 'work the system' doesn't make it right. My opinion.

Bravo

Hello, we are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children - 10 and 7) travelling on the Celebrity Constellation Mediterranean cruise in August. We are first time cruisers and I’m concerned that there may not be enough sleeping space in our cabin. We have a balcony room and the description in our booking states that it can accommodate “up to 4 people” but when I look at photos of the room, I am only seeing 1 bed. Am I missing something or is there something else that can be turned into a bed? Should I be contacting Celebrity?

Any help you can share would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

’’

No. It will be tight.

Better off booking a suite or higher category.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

King

Was just on Summit and had a quad room like the one pictured above. I have to say it is the smallest ever cabin that we have ever had. When we entered we all had that "oh no" gasp when we saw how small the room was but we made do.

My hubby is a big guy and my kids are tall 11 and 12 year olds. It was a tight fit at times, but we survived. We would get ready in shifts for dinner, and once ready you were banished to the balcony or sent to the café to wait for the others.

For an 11 night cruise, it was a bit tight but I would have no qualms about booking the same room again.

Dear Ashnal,

I believe you have got great help from all answers provided here, I hope you have all doubts cleared up.

Otherwise I would suggest to contact Celebrity One Touch team to help you out with any other inquires.

Have a fantastic cruise.

Thank you! I am really looking forward to it.