RCI Pizza

I have seen some not so flattering reviews of RCI pizza from the Cafe Promenade. I'm curious where it would rate among popular pizza chains. Is it comparable to maybe Little Caesar's Hot and Ready? Possibly a step up? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. We're pizza people so we'll definitely try it good or bad.

I would personally say a step up from little Caesar's for sure, then again that is not a high standard to reach. I actually never found it all too bad. It's likely nowhere near you're favorite local joint, but it's edible and it is in fact pizza.

It's pretty bad. Comparable to a microwaved frozen pizza. Room service pizza used to be a bit better, but with the room service charge now that is out. We mostly go without pizza when we cruise...unless we are on Princess!

I'd put it at about Little Caesar's quality, probably a slight step above since I don't mind RCI pizza but I avoid Little Caesar's if at all possible. I have to disagree with comparing to microwave frozen pizza, I'd put it several levels above that.

It's ok. They use premade crusts, like you'd buy at the store. I think it would be greatly improved if they made the crust fresh onboard. With all the bread already made daily onboard, I don't know why they opt for premade pizza crust. No matter how good the toppings are, a pizza is only as good as its crust.

I have seen some not so flattering reviews of RCI pizza from the Cafe Promenade. I'm curious where it would rate among popular pizza chains. Is it comparable to maybe Little Caesar's Hot and Ready? Possibly a step up? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. We're pizza people so we'll definitely try it good or bad.

its Anthony's Pizza. in other words: it is below all chain restaurants and frozen options. luckily only military stationed overseas are ever subjected to Anthony's

I am not a fan of LC as I find it far too greasy. its still better than the on board offerings.

It's a have one slice to fill a void type pizza and in no way would you finish a slice and have a desire to go for more. The cheese is terrible, sauce has no taste and the crust is hard and tasteless. It is perhaps more like some European pizzas I've had than anything in North America.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice range of opinions here, so I'll chip in with mine.

Its distinctly better than microwaved pizza -- I'd never choose to eat that.

Its distinctly worse than the pizza we had in Italy last month.

Its perfectly edible as a poolside snack or with a beer, and it seems to taste a whole lot better at the end of an evening.

It's a have one slice to fill a void type pizza and in no way would you finish a slice and have a desire to go for more. The cheese is terrible, sauce has no taste and the crust is hard and tasteless. It is perhaps more like some European pizzas I've had than anything in North America.

European pizza > Pizza in North America

Personal taste: I would compare it to bad frozen pizza - below any of the popular franchise joints which barely qualify as pizza to begin with.

It's made for kids and drunk adults looking for a snack. It should by no means be consumed as a lunch or dinner.

Do you have CiCis pizza buffets in your area? That's the closest equivalent IMO.

not even. CiCi's is gourmet in comparison

I just got off Adventure. I looked at the round, tomato sauce, cheese and pepperoni stuff (sorry, I just can't call it pizza) they had in the Café Promenade. I must admit, it looked better than what I have seen in the past but I just could not bring myself to try a piece.

I find it to be very inconsistent, sometimes not too bad sometimes awful ,never great. I do find it is better if you can get it when it is fresh from the oven rather than sitting under the heat lamp.