Men's attire at dinner

dor4tvl

I understand that 'O' has no formal nights. But are there ever special occasion's, perhaps being invited to the "captain's table", or some other special occasion that might warrant a little bit more dress-up than usual?

Totally your choice. Most of the sport coats we saw were the standard "Navy Blue" variety. As I stated earlier, Jacques seems to be the spot that pax seem to dress up a bit more & even then, not over the top.

quote=keithm;56719849]On our Jan. trip,they did allow ball caps during breakfast/lunch. Other than that, only one guy wore a hat to each specialty rest. Each night it was a different hat & the guy had a good full head of hair.

There are some people among us that thrive on “in your face” behavior. As it’s said, you can’t fix stupid.

:evilsmile:

Do remember it's "Country Club Casual" not "Fleamarketeer" casual. NCL can be casual to the worst degree as well.

Gotcha, that's what I thought. Jeans and T shirt, during the day, and slacks with collared shirt after six...

Ah, the great jeans debate!

Previously, Oceania indicated that "dressy" jeans - e.g., non-ripped, designer jeans - were acceptable in the dining rooms in the evenings. Now, they don't appear to address it on their website. Rather, they simply state that "casual" jeans should be restricted to dining venues before 6:00 p.m. There was another thread about this quite some time ago and it's amazing how polarizing this issue can be. I've actually seen posts in which people complain about those wearing jeans on tours, stating that it reflects badly on Oceania and its guests.

Previously, Oceania indicated that "dressy" jeans - e.g., non-ripped, designer jeans - were acceptable in the dining rooms in the evenings. Now, they don't appear to address it on their website. Rather, they simply state that "casual" jeans should be restricted to dining venues before 6:00 p.m. There was another thread about this quite some time ago and it's amazing how polarizing this issue can be. I've actually seen posts in which people complain about those wearing jeans on tours, stating that it reflects badly on Oceania and its guests.

Problem with most jeans I've seen, is that they are pretty crappy looking. It's not hard to press them a bit & avoid those with tears & such, but too many pax wear something that looks like it came straight from the barn. Not exactly the Country Club Casual look, now is it? Like I stated awhile ago. There was a sign outside each dining venue on the Riviera that simply said no jeans/shorts. This was for evening. The Terrace was exempt. It was overwhelmingly adhered to.

quote=keithm;56719849]On our Jan. trip,they did allow ball caps during breakfast/lunch. Other than that, only one guy wore a hat to each specialty rest. Each night it was a different hat & the guy had a good full head of hair.

There are some people among us that thrive on “in your face” behavior. As it’s said, you can’t fix stupid.

:evilsmile:

With all due respect.....Could have been for religious reasons.

Problem with most jeans I've seen, is that they are pretty crappy looking. It's not hard to press them a bit & avoid those with tears & such, but too many pax wear something that looks like it came straight from the barn. Not exactly the Country Club Casual look, now is it? Like I stated awhile ago. There was a sign outside each dining venue on the Riviera that simply said no jeans/shorts. This was for evening. The Terrace was exempt. It was overwhelmingly adhered to.

I sometimes laugh when I hear "but these are dressy jeans". The dressy jeans usually have rips, uneven fading and make the person look like trash.

Don't know what you saw before but other than adding the part about baseball caps being allowed in the Terrace(which has been posted in the Currents for quite some time) this is pretty much what it has been for the past few years.

Is there a dress code?

• 2 months ago
  • Updated

Recommended on board clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that casual jeans, shorts, t-shirts, baseball caps, or tennis shoes not be worn in the restaurants after 6 PM. Baseball caps may be worn in the Terrace Café after 6 PM.

I sometimes laugh when I hear "but these are dressy jeans". The dressy jeans usually have rips, uneven fading and make the person look like trash.

I just think jeans "clash" with the "Country Club Casual" look. Only 1 guy had jeans that I could see on our Jan. trip. Obviously there may have been others, but I never saw them. Pax were dressed comfortably without being too dressy. Richard & I like to dress up, but we really felt at home on the Riviera. We just wore collared shirts(no polo style)short or long sleeve & nice docker/khaki type pants & a sport coat on certain nights when we felt like it. Pretty much everyone else was dressed about the same.

Don't know what you saw before but other than adding the part about baseball caps being allowed in the Terrace(which has been posted in the Currents for quite some time) this is pretty much what it has been for the past few years.

Is there a dress code?

• 2 months ago
  • Updated

Recommended on board clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that casual jeans, shorts, t-shirts, baseball caps, or tennis shoes not be worn in the restaurants after 6 PM. Baseball caps may be worn in the Terrace Café after 6 PM.

The phrase "We request" always concerns me. Too many people take that as "Well, what have I got to lose?" This is what's happening on lines like Princess/Celebrity. Smart Casual is fine, but please give it some real meaning & enforce limits on those who feel like stepping out as "Onslow" for a night on the town.

An easy search would have found another very recent thread, on the same issue, that is just as divisive and going nowhere as fast as this one. I personally believe that all these people that claim they haven’t a clue as to what country club or elegant casual is are just trolling to start online fights!

Page back about a month and you can find multiple pages on this same issue!

One will never be able to alter the actions of those that strive in life to do everything to the level of the lowest common denominator. That certainly includes dress! Breaking dress codes is a game to them because they know it upsets many. Same as trolling dress code threads here!

OK, so jeans are so -so. How about the old lady that has a top that allows her personals to fall out(yes seen it). Just wear what is comfy and enjoy your meal. If my dinner clothes upsets you TOOOO BAdddd

OK, so jeans are so -so. How about the old lady that has a top that allows her personals to fall out(yes seen it). Just wear what is comfy and enjoy your meal. If my dinner clothes upsets you TOOOO BAdddd

Well, please be sure to tuck your "personals" back in your pants, please & for God's sake stop wearing those shorts!(for the slow ones out there, this is known as sarcasm!)