flying in day of cruise

LHT28

Doom and gloom? Why did you bother asking?

Perhaps because every flight is different? This question was posed from someone we all know is very experienced. I assumed it was just to get a feel how some would perceive a same day flight that is extremely low risk and it was a very fair question.

Perhaps because every flight is different? This question was posed from someone we all know is very experienced. I assumed it was just to get a feel how some would perceive a same day flight that is extremely low risk and it was a very fair question.

So the response from everyone who took the time to offer their thoughtful opinion should have been "sure, take a same day flight. There are never any weather issues, delays, mechanical malfunctions, change in equipment, missed connections or lost baggage?"

I respect LHT28's experience also but to slam people for their response, who by the way may also be very experienced in traveling for business or pleasure, is rude.

Yes I did ask ... sorry about that will not do it again :rolleyes:

But I already said we will take the chance & fly in the same day see post 22

There are at least 4 AC flights that day that will get us there in time

if we miss the flight or the cruise it is our own problem

I will not be back here blaming Oceania because I took a chance on making it

Thanks for all the opinions

moving on now

Lyn, Please remember what you have taught me over the many years of knowing each other.

Can't remember the number of times you told me "always arrive the day before embarkation day". One nights accommodation is nothing compared to the cost of the cruise.

PS -Lyn. Have just cancelled our 2 x December cruises of Caribbean. Now doing Bali to Sydney Dec 28 - Regatta.

Rhonda

I would never fly the day of the cruise.

Too many things can go wrong.

History means nothing if you miss the ship because your flight was delayed or cancelled.

What can go wrong?

Airport shutdown for a security breach.

Airline, Aircraft or FAA Security Breach

Weather

Lack of sufficient flight personnel

Equipment failure before or during the flight.

Computer Glich - airline, or FAA

Medical emergency

I could add many more items to this list.

I could go on and on and on.

I have been on flights where we would not have made a cruise ship if we flew in the same day.

I have been on flights where people were screaming because they missed their cruise ship.

I have seen on CC people saying I flew in the day of the cruise, never had a problem until this one. Missed the flight. Will never do that again.

If your husband does not care for NYC just check into some hotel even near the airport to spend the night there and then make your way to the ship.

As to what other things can go wrong, how about luggage that goes missing?

Anyway in the end it is you and your husband's decision but just know that these things do happen. And even with other flights that does not help if it is an FAA issue, airport issue, etc or even if you are in mid flight and have to land somewhere because of a medical issue.

In all the years we have been cruising we would never fly in the day of a cruise. When it was hard to get time off from work (not because of lack of vacation days but just based on how busy I was) I would still arrange a cruise so that we could fly in one day or more before the cruise.

I didn't care for stress back then and today even less so.

Keith

When we cruise in the Med witch is a short flight we have been flying in the same day, and I have never been nervous about it. But the flight this summer was changed so we had to do a quick stopover in Munich on our why to Barcelona and that made me very nervous, everything went fine and we made the ship in time but I think that was the last time flying in the same day to a cruise!