Wine list and pricing on Celebrity Equinox

EKMRAM

Hi All! I am a wine drinker and currently have the Classic beverage aboard Celebrity Equinox. I am trying to decide if I need to upgrade my package to the Premium. I am not a wine snob but do enjoy drinking good wine. I have read mixed reviews on this and was wondering if anyone has a price list of the wine offered in the MDR and bars? Would my selection be very limited with a price cap of $9 per glass? I would like to have a few options at dinner and in the bars, not be limited to one or two choices. If anyone has pictures of the wine lists I would love to see them, thank you!

Hi All! I am a wine drinker and currently have the Classic beverage aboard Celebrity Equinox. I am trying to decide if I need to upgrade my package to the Premium. I am not a wine snob but do enjoy drinking good wine. I have read mixed reviews on this and was wondering if anyone has a price list of the wine offered in the MDR and bars? Would my selection be very limited with a price cap of $9 per glass? I would like to have a few options at dinner and in the bars, not be limited to one or two choices. If anyone has pictures of the wine lists I would love to see them, thank you!

8 to 9 $ plus 18 % is a good medium for what you pay. Happy hours can serve you well as there are 3. And serve 2 for 1

A search of these boards will get you some of the wine lists - there are quite a few. With the Classic package you will probably have a choice of 3-4 reds and same for white wines. I would suggest you try the Classic package and see if the available wines are ones you enjoy.

If you find that the Classic package doesn't get you the wines you want you can pay the difference in the cost ; $11 glass of wine less $9 Classic limit you would pay $2.36). The Classic package upgrade is $16.52 with gratuities, so if you would spend more than $16 per day on upcharges upgrading would be wise. Any bartender or Sommelier would be happy to take care of the upgrade.

We had classic and we are also big wine drinkers, we venture to Napa or Sonoma annually. Our go to wine (in the classic package) was the Wente Cab, Livermore Valley. I personally don’t think it was worth it to upgrade. Our sommelier (King Richard) dropped off a bottle most nights!

Also: if you are a fan of wine tastings, I’d avoid the one on board in Tuscan. It was underwhelming and the best wine they had was Petite Petite by Michael David, which we can find at our local Publix. 0c6d23d26a83aa61cb5e24952224ef31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A search of these boards will get you some of the wine lists - there are quite a few. With the Classic package you will probably have a choice of 3-4 reds and same for white wines. I would suggest you try the Classic package and see if the available wines are ones you enjoy.

If you find that the Classic package doesn't get you the wines you want you can pay the difference in the cost ; $11 glass of wine less $9 Classic limit you would pay $2.36). The Classic package upgrade is $16.52 with gratuities, so if you would spend more than $16 per day on upcharges upgrading would be wise. Any bartender or Sommelier would be happy to take care of the upgrade.

Good advice, thank you!

I usually upgrade to premium specifically because of the wine choices. The wines listed on classic are few, and pretty generic. No snob here, I just like to have choices. And even better, for the sommelier to have more choices for me! I have had several cruises where, as they get to know me, they get excited about pairing food & wine, gently pushing me to try something I think I won't like and usually proving me wrong.

Sad note: In my experience lately, good sommeliers in the MDR have been harder to come across. Sometimes because there are just fewer, so they are more rushed. And sometimes, unfortunately, because they just don't know/care (can't offer a specific recommendation to go with what you just ordered, other than "I suggest red with beef - which red do you want"). But I digress....

Never really thought about paying the difference. But I guess, for me, that's why I get a package in the first place. So I don't have to think about whether something is "worth it". Want a cappuccino? Just get it. Want to try the goofy drink of the day? Why not? I don't want to have to weigh the "is it worth it to upgrade" every night with a glass of wine. Although I probably would save money in the grand scheme.