Sailing solo and Move Up Offer question

Cruiser Nonna

Sailing solo C2 - received Move Up offer - friend also in C2 solo - she did not receive offer- I think the chances that it would even open are nill (9/24 Equinox totally sold out) but do have a question - lets say that I do the move up - obviously still paying double the price - would she be able to dine with me in Luminae (I know others have taken friends in for an additional cost) but since in reality already paying for 2 people - do you think they would allow this? I am sure hard to say and once you commit to move up before it is confirmed you cannot change if you are confirmed would be horrible to sail and not be able to use Luminae - thoughts appreciated

Sailing solo C2 - received Move Up offer - friend also in C2 solo - she did not receive offer- I think the chances that it would even open are nill (9/24 Equinox totally sold out) but do have a question - lets say that I do the move up - obviously still paying double the price - would she be able to dine with me in Luminae (I know others have taken friends in for an additional cost) but since in reality already paying for 2 people - do you think they would allow this? I am sure hard to say and once you commit to move up before it is confirmed you cannot change if you are confirmed would be horrible to sail and not be able to use Luminae - thoughts appreciated

It's a good question, I travel solo,generally in sky suites, and have toyed with asked for "dispensation" to invite a new friend to eat without the surcharge because I've paid double, but have never done it, so would be curious what response you'd get. My sense, given their willingness to try and please combined with the minimal real cost of one additional mouth, is that if it were once or twice you'd definitely get away with it, and might be successful 100%. (I'd suggest that you ask the MC concierge or the Suites Manager.) On the other hand, worst case scenario is your friend pays the surcharge for dining in Luminae with you, still half the price of both of you going to Murano.

Good luck with the upgrade and enjoy the trip!

It's a good question, I travel solo,generally in sky suites, and have toyed with asked for "dispensation" to invite a new friend to eat without the surcharge because I've paid double, but have never done it, so would be curious what response you'd get. My sense, given their willingness to try and please combined with the minimal real cost of one additional mouth, is that if it were once or twice you'd definitely get away with it, and might be successful 100%. (I'd suggest that you ask the MC concierge or the Suites Manager.) On the other hand, worst case scenario is your friend pays the surcharge for dining in Luminae with you, still half the price of both of you going to Murano.

Good luck with the upgrade and enjoy the trip!

I often cruised solo.It all depends who is the Maitre d'. There was one cruise that I was on the Maitre d' told me I can bring a friend along knowing I am a solo cruiser.I don't know is because I am in Celebrity suite.

But there is another time on a different cruise(was also in Celebrity Suite) the hostess told me there will be a charge even she knows I cruise alone.

One thing I have to say that Maitre D' is one of the best in Celebrity.

I have heard a lot of cruisers gave him high mark.

I spoke with Captains Club to see about a clarification and it came back with the standard answer - shows there should be a charge but if/when the move up is confirmed then they would try for more information - but when I mentioned it states on the move up that once it is confirmed - no changes or cancellation - would be too late to take that chance. Since the ship is showing totally sold out - think this is as someone else posted on another move up thread - Celebrity is just putting you on a list in case someone cancels and then they know that more revenue is waiting - and when you look at the "strength of the upgrades per the amount" in order to get strong - it is more than it was originally priced - so in reality think it would not become available nor want to take the chance of the hassle of trying to get someone in each night to dine - had also thought just add her to my cabin - pay the taxes which is the only difference - however she would then be double booked since she would keep her cabin as well. Thank you all for your comments and help