Captain [emoji68]*✈️ FUNNY!

Sam.Seattle

From Captain Alex, on the the Summit while introducing his fellow command officers after the muster drill.

I am in charge and I will be the one to issue the abandoned ship order.......if I am not available then my second in command will be in charge and he will issue the order........if for some unknown extreme circumstance we are both not available, my third in command will take charge and issue the required orders......finally, if he is not available then we are having a much worse day than you are!!!

Gotta love Captain Alex....

Have heard both Captain Alex and Captain Kate use that line. I was on an interesting cruise where he was Captain for the first 7 days and she was Captain for the next 7. The two of them and Captain Tasos are the funniest captains I've encountered on Celebrity. I was at the Captain's table back when they did that, sitting next to Captain Tasos. Another woman was going on and on with pictures of her children and grandchildren on her phone. Captain Tasos pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of his baby--a fabulous sports car.

Oh, thanks! And wow, it will be fun listening to what he comes up with on the Edge!

Den

Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis has a great sense of humor! He and Captain Kate McCue have been the two most accessible captains I’ve encountered. Should Captain Kafetzis offer a lecture in the theatre, don’t miss it. Very entertaining. I’ve heard that Captain Tasos Kafetzis also has a great sense of humor.

Edited by Silkroad

Upon taking over a transatlantic in the Canary Islands, Captain Tasos announces: "I'm not sure exactly where we're going, but if we head east we're bound to hit Florida." Also loved him on the Liar's club with his continuos reference to the "Greekipedia".

Our captain on Equinox (7/28 cruise) only made announcements on sea days with minimal info and no chit chat, no updates as we left port either :(. He was quite the contrast to Captain Tasos who we would stop what we were doing to listen to... Captain invisible made me realize how much we appreciate the more outgoing Captains.

I think we had the same captain, and I agree that the outgoing ones makes for a better cruise.

Upon taking over a transatlantic in the Canary Islands, Captain Tasos announces: "I'm not sure exactly where we're going, but if we head east we're bound to hit Florida." Also loved him on the Liar's club with his continuos reference to the "Greekipedia".

Yes, I also loved his Greekipedia and his performance in the Liar's Club.

Captain Kate’s daily Confucius quotes were always good for a laugh! She turned out to be very funny during her announcements! Found myself really looking forward to them each day!

Some favs....

Man who pushes piano down mineshaft get tone of A flat miner.”

Man who eats photo of father, soon spitting-image of father.”

Our very first cruise was with Captain Dimitrios and we were in stitches. Loved how he joined the activities like Liars club and dancing with the stripes (as a judge).

Looking forward to cruising with captain Kate next month.

Edited by ATLgirl15