Celebrity's Billing Issues / Website

Ereggae

I have cruises booked and every single time I make a payment and request an invoice the perks, numbers and other information change. Complaining does nothing so this is just a warning to please check your invoices carefully and and make sure you are getting all your perks, such as GO BEST and that your on-board credits are listed correctly. To date I have 11 copies of invoices for one cruise as each time it changes and, when they correct it, by the next go-round when another one is generated it changes again.

They are giving me a bad headache.:evilsmile::mad:

You can also see them by going to Cruise Planner under your reservation- at the top to the right of Cart you will see ORDER HISTORY. Click that and you will see. Also to the right of the cart will show you Celebrity OCB's.

My beverage package for one of my bookings appears, and for another does not in the order history. On the cruise where it does not appear in order history when I'm logged in and click on Manage My Reservation, Explore Cruise Planner, it does appear if I do not log in, but instead, click check in, enter name ship and sail date, then order history (in a spot that looks like the old website) it does appear. The site is a MESS!

I also find codes and short forms by Celebrity confusing on the latest booking this is the info my TA has given me

Special Requests:

BEVCLINGRATtick.gifGRATUITIEStick.gifPROMO2Ctick.gifPROMO3Ttick.gif

I have no idea what promo2c and promo3t are. The 2 perks I requested were gratuities and the classic beverage package.

I have had this same issue numerous times, even before the "new and improved" website. I have found that using the automated phone system to make a payment is the best option. Have not had any issues since I started doing it that way. They automatically email me an update invoice shortly after the payment is processed.

You can also see them by going to Cruise Planner under your reservation- at the top to the right of Cart you will see ORDER HISTORY. Click that and you will see. Also to the right of the cart will show you Celebrity OCB's.

Thank you. The only information I see is the on board credit. The invoice details are not there.

You all make the case for using a decent cruise agency. Not only do you save money, but everything is spelled out in an e-mailed statement (with nearly any agency). We book our cruise, get a written statement (which itemizes are perks from both the cruise line and cruise agency) and then let the agency handle the rest (our agencies bill our final payment when its due).

Hank

After doing 6 Celebrity cruises I cant understand why Celebrity makes it so complicated as far as the perk codes go.No man on earth can figuire it out unless youve been through it a few times. By then, theyve changed the promo code and off to code translation school again.

You think it would be easier to itemize and just say Classic or Premium bev package,internet, OBC.

Why the codes?

You all make the case for using a decent cruise agency. Not only do you save money, but everything is spelled out in an e-mailed statement (with nearly any agency). We book our cruise, get a written statement (which itemizes are perks from both the cruise line and cruise agency) and then let the agency handle the rest (our agencies bill our final payment when its due).

Hank

Absolutely! Our agency takes final payment about 10 days prior to the due date. If there's any glitches along the way you have someone with more clout and better contacts than a passenger has who booked a single cruise direct. Win Win

Absolutely! Our agency takes final payment about 10 days prior to the due date. If there's any glitches along the way you have someone with more clout and better contacts than a passenger has who booked a single cruise direct. Win Win

At our senior age we are seldom surprised by anything. But when we speak to other cruisers who will only book directly with a cruise line (and not transfer their bookings to an agency) we just privately shake our head. On our most recent cruise (Regal Princess....last week) we met a couple (over cocktails) who were curious about our last minute booking. They ask for price details and after some resistance I did explain how we booked and the price. The couple told us they had paid more than double our price (for lower category accommodations) and asked how we find deals. We explained that its just about shopping around among a few reputable cruise agencies, having your e-mail registered with those same agencies (so they can notify you of special deals that must not be publicized per the cruise lines), etc. Their immediate reaction was that they felt uncomfortable booking with anyone other then a direct booking with any cruise line. When I asked them why, they really had no answer other then the over hyped (and really silly) comment that they wanted to "keep control." We then had a long and friendly discussion about "control" but these folks were not going to be persuaded to do anything other then book direct. After booking my own cruises for forty years, we just do not understand the "control" issue as the consumer really has little control over a reservation (read the cruise line's passenger contract).

The reality is that using a high volume reputable agency actually gets you a lot more control, because you have the clout of that agency if there are any issues. In a sense, when you use a good cruise/travel agency you are getting yourself an ally if something goes amiss. These high volume agencies handle thousands of bookings per year and that gives them more clout then an individual cruiser trying to resolve an issue with a cruise line clerk. The reality is that over 80% of all cruise bookings are done through travel/cruise agencies (or so we have been told by a senior manager from a major cruise line). The one cruise line, of which we are aware, that decided to not deal with agencies was Renaissance Cruises.....and they went bankrupt! The reality is that its cheaper for cruise lines to pay commissions and overrides to agencies....then try to handle everything (including marketing) in-house.

Hank

At our senior age we are seldom surprised by anything. But when we speak to other cruisers who will only book directly with a cruise line (and not transfer their bookings to an agency) we just privately shake our head. On our most recent cruise (Regal Princess....last week) we met a couple (over cocktails) who were curious about our last minute booking. They ask for price details and after some resistance I did explain how we booked and the price. The couple told us they had paid more than double our price (for lower category accommodations) and asked how we find deals. We explained that its just about shopping around among a few reputable cruise agencies, having your e-mail registered with those same agencies (so they can notify you of special deals that must not be publicized per the cruise lines), etc. Their immediate reaction was that they felt uncomfortable booking with anyone other then a direct booking with any cruise line. When I asked them why, they really had no answer other then the over hyped (and really silly) comment that they wanted to "keep control." We then had a long and friendly discussion about "control" but these folks were not going to be persuaded to do anything other then book direct. After booking my own cruises for forty years, we just do not understand the "control" issue as the consumer really has little control over a reservation (read the cruise line's passenger contract).

The reality is that using a high volume reputable agency actually gets you a lot more control, because you have the clout of that agency if there are any issues. In a sense, when you use a good cruise/travel agency you are getting yourself an ally if something goes amiss. These high volume agencies handle thousands of bookings per year and that gives them more clout then an individual cruiser trying to resolve an issue with a cruise line clerk. The reality is that over 80% of all cruise bookings are done through travel/cruise agencies (or so we have been told by a senior manager from a major cruise line). The one cruise line, of which we are aware, that decided to not deal with agencies was Renaissance Cruises.....and they went bankrupt! The reality is that its cheaper for cruise lines to pay commissions and overrides to agencies....then try to handle everything (including marketing) in-house.

Hank

I can attest to the positive resolution with having a strong/reputable TA. Once before we cruised, Celebrity changed our cabin and TA got it fixed and once while onboard, our OBC disappeared. I emailed TA, went back to enjoying the cruise and 2 days later, got a positive email that everything was fixed and I went to Customer Service desk to confirm and it was fixed.

I am sure I have helped TA get many referrals and hope to give him many more! :)

• 9 months later...

Dear Sir

We have undertaken your celebrity infinity Alaska cruise from 29th July 2018 to 5th Aug 2018 in State room 8102. I have settled your final bill 459.28 USD by Card payment duly debiting on my account on 7/8/2018. But you have raised repeated 4 bills

1. 3/8/2018 for 158USD

2.3/8/2018 for 19.60 USD

3. 4/8/2018 for 60 USD

4. 5/8/2018 for 38.25 USD

and these amounts have been kept UNDER HOLD TRANSACTIONS DEBITING on my Account.

I am totally disappointed over this that too by Celebrity, a highly professional organisation. This has wiped out my very high impression of the Excellent Cruise I had. Please advise immediately the card people to release these amounts and credit to my balance as I am still touring Abroad and I should not be put into inconveinence.

I sincerely, hope that Celebrity will realise the seriousness of the situation and do needful immediately.

Regards, Nandagopal.

Nandagopal & Meenakshi

Celebrity infinity Alaska Cruise

(29th July 2018 to 5th August,2018

State Room 8102.

Please refer my earlier message.

Please send your email Id for easier communication till the matter is settled.

Regards, Nandagopal

Hank

So much this! My agent isn’t able to give me spectacular amounts of OBC like some I’ve heard about, but she makes sure that everything goes smoothly with booking, payments, and anything else involving the cruise line. A few times when a cruise has been cancelled due to charter, or had dates substantially changed, she’s been worth her weight in gold. Nothing I read about dealing directly with Celebrity (or any other cruise line, really) inspires me to change my mind. A trustworthy agent has been a real advantage for us.

Dear Sir

We have undertaken your celebrity infinity Alaska cruise from 29th July 2018 to 5th Aug 2018 in State room 8102. I have settled your final bill 459.28 USD by Card payment duly debiting on my account on 7/8/2018. But you have raised repeated 4 bills

1. 3/8/2018 for 158USD

2.3/8/2018 for 19.60 USD

3. 4/8/2018 for 60 USD

4. 5/8/2018 for 38.25 USD

and these amounts have been kept UNDER HOLD TRANSACTIONS DEBITING on my Account.

I am totally disappointed over this that too by Celebrity, a highly professional organisation. This has wiped out my very high impression of the Excellent Cruise I had. Please advise immediately the card people to release these amounts and credit to my balance as I am still touring Abroad and I should not be put into inconveinence.

I sincerely, hope that Celebrity will realise the seriousness of the situation and do needful immediately.

Regards, Nandagopal.

Why are you posting this here instead of contacting Celebrity?

By the way, credit card holds usually go away after a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I totally agree with Hank. ESPECIALLY the way the website has been for a while now. It can be an exercise in futility. Multiple ways to access your account and a different result on each one. And that's WHEN/IF you can get into the website in the 1st place.

I too use a large volume TA and I just call and ask THEM to forward me an invoice with the correct information. I make a copy and bring it "just in case." The old saw about "giving up control?" well I AM a control freak I admit it. But sometimes, especially when IT issues like this exist, I'd rather relinquish control AND the headaches and let the TA fight my battles. (AND get a substantial OBC in the bargain!)

I used to enjoy going into my account and checking it out as the cruise got closer. Now I totally ostrich it and avoid my account. It gives me HEARTBURN!!!

Nandagopal & Meenakshi

Celebrity infinity Alaska Cruise

(29th July 2018 to 5th August,2018

State Room 8102.

Please refer my earlier message.

Please send your email Id for easier communication till the matter is settled.

Regards, Nandagopal

You are on the wrong website. This is Cruuse Critic. You need to contact CELEBRITY.

Furthermore, as you've been informed by several people after all of your posts on different threads, the issue of a HOLD is with your credit card company, not Celebrity.

Totally agree with bighairtexan and hlitner although our biggest issue is finding a reputable reliable TA. I am at a loss where to find a good one that others have used. I realize you shouldnt post your recommendations here. I dont want to pull grab a TA out of the sky and pick the wrong one and have a disaster vacation.

Packerfanlarry1@gmail.com

I went into manage my cruise yesterday, and the numbers were about $550.00 more that my invoice. I called and spoke to a young lady who put me on hold and came back with the same figures. I told her i would cancel if this wasn't corrected, and she put me on hols again. Came back and said she re-booed the account. 20 minutes later, the correct pricing came up. I'm glad it was rectified, but i will watch like a hawk from now on. I've never had this with any other line. Not even with MSC, who's web site is awful.

I went into manage my cruise yesterday, and the numbers were about $550.00 more that my invoice. I called and spoke to a young lady who put me on hold and came back with the same figures. I told her i would cancel if this wasn't corrected, and she put me on hols again. Came back and said she re-booed the account. 20 minutes later, the correct pricing came up. I'm glad it was rectified, but i will watch like a hawk from now on. I've never had this with any other line. Not even with MSC, who's web site is awful.

I am going to make a wild guess that you are dealing directly with a cruise line :(. That kind of thing will not happen if you use a decent cruise agency because that agency would intervene. When you use a cruise agency the actual booking cost will not normally even show on the cruise line's site...but is between you and the agency.

Hank

I had to email Celebrity to have my beverage package and OBC show up online. I wanted to upgrade during the latest sale and couldn't because they never loaded the perks to my online reservation. Once they did I could use OBC to upgrade my wife's classic drink package.

As to using a TA. We used to keep our booking with Celebrity but then realized I was throwing money away. I usually get right about 10% of the cruise price in OBC. And I really don't lose any control, I just email or call the TA instead of Celebrity. I do usually book online with Celebrity then transfer.

Case in point. When I couldn't use OBC to upgrade the drink package I emailed Celebrity and they said I had pre paid gratuities, not OBC. I emailed my TA and sent a copy of the invoice when I initially booked my cruise with Celebrity. TA called me back a while later and said no one knows where the mix up happened but Celebrity gave me an additional $50 in OBC to make up for missing the sale (it expired). $50 was about $20 more than I would have saved. So, I didn't lose control, I actually made out on the deal by using a TA. I gained $300 OBC and the additional $50 OBC for a total of $350 that I wouldn't have got if I left my reservation with Celebrity.

enjoy

One of the funniest argument we have ever heard on CC is when folks say that "booking directly with the cruise line lets me keep control." We let them languish in their fantasy because there is no effective way to argue with that lack of logic. The truth is that you do not have control....the cruise line has the control :). At least when you use a decent high volume agency you have an agent who will work on your behalf and who has some clout with the cruise line.

So lets be clear. The only true leverage and control you have is your ability to cancel and get back your deposit (or eat a non-refundable deposit). Once you have made your final payment you have completely lost control....and also given up darn near all your rights (read the small print of a cruise contract). Keep in mind that when you take a cruise you are merely one person out of more then 25 million who cruise each year.

Hank