Have you been overcharged by Celebrity?

CMerri

Since the institution of drink packages, we usually have at least one drink each cruise charged to our bill even though we have a premium drink package. I was told the buttons for drink package and not drink package are right next to each other in the computer and every so often the wrong button gets hit. I've never had an issue get a prompt refund to our onboard account.

Our first two Celebrity cruises we had charges show up after we got off. It took some time to get the charges dropped (one time they wanted 20 days to contact the ship to verify). Our last several cruises we've not had any problems, but the lack of a receipt makes it harder to track what we should have been charged and what they actually do charge.

Celebrity has a "post-cruise" department, from which they can send you a copy of your final bill, and if you need to have something resolved, it can be taken care of immediately.

A year ago, I had a small issue with a cost that was added in error to our on-board statement after I had settled my final bill while on the ship. The amount on my final on-board statement was different than what had been processed through my bank. Celebrity emailed me a copy of their final bill that they had sent through my Visa, and it included an item from the mini-bar that we had not used. I identified the item posted in error, and it was credited to my Visa immediately.

It was handled in a very expeditious and kindly manner by the Post-cruise department.