Have you been overcharged by Celebrity?

CMerri

My family and I have sailed twice this year with Celebrity, and once last year.

Each sailing, a member in our family has recieved an overcharge to their credit card!

The first sailing this year. The charge was $300 extra, due to failing to implement onboard credit that came with our package. Celebrity had assured us throughout the cruise it would be deducted from our bill.

On the second sailing. I settled my bill by cash, but was then charged over four times my original bill on to my credit card.

With United Airlines service, Celebrity has been largely unresponsive and have been unable to provide any real response to the problems. Using a tactic of circumnavigating questions in order to stall the email and phonecall process.

Two months later, I am still attempting to resolve this charge.

Fellow cruisers on board have shared stories related to the poor customer service of Celebrity Cruises.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have had items from the mini-fridge charged after we left. Even though I had the stateroom attendant remove items on the first day of the cruise. Really, if I refrained from touching the stuff for 10 days why would I take them when leaving? I disputed the charge through my credit card and was promptly refunded.

We know to check the bill daily and query as we go along. We then photograph the tv screen on the last day as we hadn't been left a paper bill on the last 5 cruises.its worked most of the time but we did get a $42 charge from the martini bar added after and we had a premium package, it took us almost a year to get it back, hence why we do the daily check. Mistakes happen and we were able to show that the drinks weren't ours as we were in Tuscan grille eating at the time of the charge through the martini bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once in more than 80 cruises, but resolved very quickly. I check my onboard account at least once a day and after each charge. Have found errors, but they have been resolved while on the ship. I never pay in cash since I want a credit card company involved if there would be a problems. Had problems on other lines and not handled as well as Celebrity.

... 1 incorrect charge which we saw as we checked our account on tge TV. A quick call to guest services and it was corrected that night.

Our experience with minibar charge was after we disembarked, and I found it when I received my credit card bill - not before I left the ship, and I never would have found it if I wasn't looking at credit card statement. I never got anything from Celebrity indicating that there was a charge. So even if its not a frequent occurrence, it still pays to follow up with your credit card, not just while on the cruise.

We know to check the bill daily and query as we go along. We then photograph the tv screen on the last day as we hadn't been left a paper bill on the last 5 cruises.its worked most of the time but we did get a $42 charge from the martini bar added after and we had a premium package, it took us almost a year to get it back, hence why we do the daily check. Mistakes happen and we were able to show that the drinks weren't ours as we were in Tuscan grille eating at the time of the charge through the martini bar.

Don't your credit cards have charge back disputes in the UK? Why would it take almost a year?

Each sailing, a member in our family has recieved an overcharge to their credit card!

The first sailing this year. The charge was $300 extra, due to failing to implement onboard credit that came with our package. Celebrity had assured us throughout the cruise it would be deducted from our bill.

On the second sailing. I settled my bill by cash, but was then charged over four times my original bill on to my credit card.

With United Airlines service, Celebrity has been largely unresponsive and have been unable to provide any real response to the problems. Using a tactic of circumnavigating questions in order to stall the email and phonecall process.

Fellow cruisers on board have shared stories related to the poor customer service of Celebrity Cruises.

On last cruise had a $7.18 charge at one of the bars despite having the drink package.

Guest services took care of it.

this has happened before

sent a number of emails last week to finally get my OBC and I did point out to them that they

have overcharged me a number of times but never missed billing me.

Email lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com for best results as she has a staff to resolve issues but remember

she is the CEO who let that web site go live!

I love sailing with Celebrity but dealing with them when there is a problem can be a pain.

That is horrible. Ohplease do come back and report if ror receive a resolution.

We monitor our onboard account closely via the in-cabin TV. Twice on our recent cruise we were charged for sodas and cocktails that were included in our Premium beverage package. We knew right away when there was an issue since the bartenders produced a slip requiring our signatures. They were taken care of (removed) within a day or two after we notified Guest Relations.

Our first two Celebrity cruises we had charges show up after we got off. It took some time to get the charges dropped (one time they wanted 20 days to contact the ship to verify). Our last several cruises we've not had any problems, but the lack of a receipt makes it harder to track what we should have been charged and what they actually do charge.

Our first two Celebrity cruises we had charges show up after we got off. It took some time to get the charges dropped (one time they wanted 20 days to contact the ship to verify). Our last several cruises we've not had any problems, but the lack of a receipt makes it harder to track what we should have been charged and what they actually do charge.

Go to Guest Relations and ask for an itemized receipt if you don't have it delivered to your cabin. Save your Seapass card so you have it if you experience problems.

Over charging is probably part of their profit strategy. How many people see a small overcharge and just ignore it because it's only a few dollars? Based on the volume of passengers, a few bucks here and a few bucks there, could add up to a nice size windfall. Do I believe they are doing it? No, but based on the smoke and mirrors they do with pricing, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Over charging is probably part of their profit strategy. How many people see a small overcharge and just ignore it because it's only a few dollars? Based on the volume of passengers, a few bucks here and a few bucks there, could add up to a nice size windfall. Do I believe they are doing it? No, but based on the smoke and mirrors they do with pricing, I wouldn't be too surprised.

I would be shocked if they had a policy. I do not think Celebrity does.

I also did have an extra charge once after we left ship and had received our printed bill. Cabin steward apparently did not see the wine bottle and submitted a charge. I called and they took the charge off. Obviously it would be hard to verify days later with another group in our cabin.

I would be shocked if they had a policy. I do not think Celebrity does.

I also did have an extra charge once after we left ship and had received our printed bill. Cabin steward apparently did not see the wine bottle and submitted a charge. I called and they took the charge off. Obviously it would be hard to verify days later with another group in our cabin.

While they may not have a policy of overcharging, I suspect that they have no policy of taking steps to avoid overcharging either. For quite some time now, RCI passengers have been consistently reporting that they've been charged after the cruise for the bottled water in their cabins. Clearly there's a major problem, one that RCI is well aware of but has taken no apparent steps to address. Between the number of people who never scrutinize their post-cruise billing and those who just don't bother doing anything about it, there's a healthy profit for RCI in taking no action. Is there any reason to believe that sister-line Celebrity is any more pro-active in eliminating problems that result in additional profits for the line? I, for one, highly doubt it.

Wow! Even putting the notion out that they might be doing this on purpose without any proof is unbelievable. You must really be angry at Celebrity.

Ahh, the great conspiracy theory. Gotta love it. Its all part of the master plan.

In both cases, dispute with credit card company should have taken carr of it. Don't know what the issue is with UA, but UA customer service can be bad. I assume you booked UA through ChoiceAir. In another post, someone complained about nothing getting refunded by ChoiceAir even though they should have been.