Bit concered about Constellation

Punam

So, we were on Infinity 2 years ago and liked it a lot. Connie's the same class of ship, but the reviews on her aren't nearly as good. I understand it's subjective, and maybe more squeaky wheels tend to give reviews (?)... one can only hope. The idea of 10 days in the Med on a ship that's not up to par is concerning. We have a suite, so here's hoping we didnt pay for torn sheets, lousy bathroom caulking and worn out theater seats. That's what some of the posts seem to be showing. If you've been on Connie in the last few months, would you mind providing some feedback?

Edited by Punam

Oh my goodness, ignore those reviews! Just off a B2B and we had an amazing time and we weren’t even in a Suite! No signs of any of those things in our 14 days, just excellent service everywhere.

Thanks so much for replying. Whew!

We recently returned from the Constellation and thought it was a fantastic ship with brilliant service. We have only sailed S class before but preferred this ship. I hope you will enjoy a wonderful cruise just like us. :D

We also were on Constellation a couple weeks ago. The ship is being maintained well and didn't experience any problems with things like ragged sheets etc. If you do just let your stateroom attendant know and it would be corrected instantly.

If in a suite you will enjoy a great experience in both MC and Luminea

We went on her last year and weren’t wowed (due to the lack of quality food and professionalism onboard), BUT we were not in a suite, and I found that those in suites appeared to be having a far different experience with things like food and service. The theater seats were totally fine and comfy. The new outdoor movie theater was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on her last September. She had been in drydock in May so things were fairly fresh. You will ALWAYS see some rust, a bit of dirt and some wear on any ship. When you put a big steel tub in the water 7 days a week, 24 hours a day year round and let 2000+ people tramp all around stuff is going to happen. We had a great cruise, Food was good, service was very good and we were "only" in a regular veranda. We mostly choose cruises for the itinerary and if the Connie was going somewhere we wanted to go, I would not hesitate to book her again.

We recently returned from the Constellation and thought it was a fantastic ship with brilliant service. We have only sailed S class before but preferred this ship. I hope you will enjoy a wonderful cruise just like us. :D
I too have only sailed S class but will be on the Constellation later this year. I was originally worried I wouldn't enjoy, but I've seen many posts from S class cruisers with very good things to say about this ship - so I'm now much more excited.

Curious, when comparing to S class, why did you prefer the Constellation?

We were on the Connie for 15 nights in Feb-Mar 2018 from Singapore to Abu Dhabi and had a spectacular time. The ship was in very good shape and service was excellent everywhere. The food in the MDR was very good. I rarely go to the buffet, but my husband seemed happy with it. Cafe Al Bacio was excellent, as always.

We were in cabin 3112 this time, a relatively new ocean view cabin built in the “conference” area, with great big windows, built in about 2012-2013.

We usually sail in Aquaclass on S-Class ships, but did 28 nights on Millennium and the 15 nights on Constellation in the last year, and were more than pleased with both ships. We enjoyed them so much that we have a back-2-back coming up on the Millennium in 33 days.

If someone is going on the Connie or the Millennium in the next couple of weeks, could you please report back here to let me know if Hannah is in Cafe Al Bacio? She was in the CAB on both our M-Class ships and I would love to see her again. I missed seeing her on our last night on the Connie and would love to catch up with her again. Thanks!

We were on her in the med 3 weeks ago. It was fine overall. I noticed that some of the sun loungers were shabby and needed replacing. But there were plenty loungers for everyone. We thought our cabin was a little ‘tired’ but perfectly clean etc. Our only complaint was the shambles at the dining room for select seating. We raised our issue and the Matre d was waiting for us the following night, problem solved. No, it is not the Refection, which was the last Celebrity ship we were on but it is a nice ship. We are going on her again in October with 7 family members and I am not concerned. The only difference is that we have now changed to fixed dining.

We „recently“ did two cruises on her. One of them was an Adriatic cruise of which you can find the review in my signature. The other was a Southeast Asia cruise.

Both cruises were fantastic! Don’t listen to the moaners (really getting annoying) and enjoy your cruise!

Some people say Constellation is the star of M class. We would not argue that although the others are also great.

We would never book or not book a cruise based on someone else's experience/opinion.

Interesting. How do suggest that someone evaluate the performance of a cruise? How do you get an indication that everything is operating as advertised?

If another person’s perspective is meaningless, do you offer your experiences to help others?

We were on both the Connie and the Reflection last year. Our suite, on both occasions, was fabulous! The food/service in Luminae and Murano was excellent!

Michael's Club was better on the Connie because the concierge was far better ---- the two on the Reflection were rather desk-bound!

Decor on both ships was fine. Entertainment was great ---though we don't do the shows!

Enjoy your cruise on the Connie!

We spent 27 nights on Constellation earlier this year, 14 nights last year and we’ve booked again next year. We did feel our cabin was a bit tired and we are a little bored with the Celebrity main dining room menu but despite this we had a fantastic time.

The crew are amazingly helpful and very quick to sort out any issues we had.

So, we were on Infinity 2 years ago and liked it a lot. Connie's the same class of ship, but the reviews on her aren't nearly as good. I understand it's subjective, and maybe more squeaky wheels tend to give reviews (?)... one can only hope. The idea of 10 days in the Med on a ship that's not up to par is concerning. We have a suite, so here's hoping we didnt pay for torn sheets, lousy bathroom caulking and worn out theater seats. That's what some of the posts seem to be showing. If you've been on Connie in the last few months, would you mind providing some feedback?

You are in the Med for 10 days on a Celebrity ship in suite class. So what on earth are you worried about? Just have a great time!