Oceania Announces Massive $100-Million Fleet Reimagining and Refurbishment

LauraS

• Administrators

news-oceania-refurb-suites.jpg

They are using one of my FAVE colors: that sea-greeny oceany color. Yep, that's what I'm calling it!!!

Laura

Remember when everyone was saying Azamara was cloning Oceania? Now look who is leading whom with their “modern “ looking interiors.

At least Oceania's make over is more classy:halo:

Not excited at all. Still will go on the big ships (which are not so big) unless there is something so special that we can't do on them. Re furb looks good but the ships are too small to have everything the O ships have and that is important to us. Especially the bigger cabins. Hope they keep up the standards on the O ships. :):):)

And for us this will open up the small ships, we really disliked the dark faux country house decor and hated the shower curtains.

For our perfect ship we’d like Red Ginger too on all the R class, but each to their own

We will be on the Nautica in March 2020 saw that it won’ t be refurbished until June 2020, Disappointed! Only reason we are on this ship is because Riviera or Marina will not be in Asia! With the new look would have been so much nicer, the present style is ok for an English country house but not for a ship sail I g around Asia!

At least Oceania's make over is more classy:halo:

In Martinis - can you really say that those new couches and chairs look more comfortable for sitting and socializing? Azamara went with the concept of design-over-function ... now it looks like 'O' may be following that same course. :(

news-oceania-refurb-martinis.jpg

In Martinis - can you really say that those new couches and chairs look more comfortable for sitting and socializing? Azamara went with the concept of design-over-function ... now it looks like 'O' may be following that same course. :(

Maybe, maybe not, but I'll say the carpet, drapes and the coffee table look so much better. Unfortunately the look of the R ships in those areas tend to look like a house some rich elderly person decorated in 1963 and never updated

Maybe, maybe not, but I'll say the carpet, drapes and the coffee table look so much better. Unfortunately the look of the R ships in those areas tend to look like a house some rich elderly person decorated in 1963 and never updated

a good way of putting it.

Absolutely agree.

The colors/etc., of the new plan are definitely better (and this comes from someone who usually would prefer the "outdated" old-fashioned style).

But the "angular" furniture (was that the word they used) looks awful.

And if you look at the loveseat/sofa in one of the suites (?), it has that strictly vertical "arm", which also seems to be the type that is too high to rest an elbow or forearm on.

I'd miss those soft easy chairs! And sofa. All with usable "arms".

The upright arms are, I suppose, good for preventing one from falling off :D

GC

Leaving the color scheme aside for now I agree with you. The new furniture does not look as comfortable for sitting and relaxing as the old one.

I guess we will have to wait & see

The updo on Azamara looked worse than O

jmo

you decide A or O

lovely carpet

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/azamara-quest-409/member-3/86010/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/azamara-quest-409/member-2/90280/

That lounge in the second set of photos... um.... "drab"?? Somber?? Boring???

GC

True enough. Nothing like “test driving” those new chairs and sofas first hand (or first bottom, as the case may be). :)

It got DH excited to do another cruise

it works for me :evilsmile:

Difficult to imagine some of our plus-sized shipmates feeling comfortable in those sleek, narrow grey chairs. Shoot, I'm a skinny guy and they wouldn't be comfortable for me. Less cushioning than before, solid wood atop the armrests rather than nice padding for my elbows ..... who needs that?

You know, we are supposed to dress as if we were in a country club, and the ships' decor has always felt like exactly that (or at least what I perceive a country club to be, never having belonged to one). But If the decor is changed to hip, sleek and grey, then I'll be switching to jeans, black t-shirt and leather jacket.

At least the chair color will match my hair.

If the decor is changed to hip, sleek and grey, then I'll be switching to jeans, black t-shirt and leather jacket.

Just read, this morning, where bluejean manufacturers are apoplectic, due to the fact that the young and hip among us now prefer Yoga Attire for casual wear.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-levi-strauss-confronts-the-yoga-pant/

To put it in terms appropriate to this message board:

main-qimg-bb586ebf4aec5d1669f80fa7949d5880-c

That ship has sailed ;p