bus to Somerset Bridge Watersports?

brandycroz

Hi, we will be on an NCL cruise to Bermuda Aug 17-24 and are looking to rent a boat from Somerset Bridge Watersports. We will be coming from the Naval dockyard. Is there a public bus route that goes to Somerset Watersports? We may have 6 people so I don't think a taxi will work and I don't want to spend a lot of money getting there.

Thanks

A route #7 or #8 bus will get you there. As you board, tell the driver your destination. The fare is $4.50 all zone token p/p. Since Somerset Bridge is only 2 zones from the Dockyard, then you could use a 3 zone token. The fare would be a $3.50 3 zone token. When buying the tokens, specify the 3 zone token.

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00002e.htm

SBtS

#7 or #8 bus routes will take you there, but taxi fare wouldn't be a great deal more....and the larger taxis hold up to 7 passengers so they can accommodate your group. The estimated taxi fare for 5 -7 passengers Monday through Saturday is $24.75 plus tip each way. Bus fare for 6 using tokens that cost $3.50 each will cost $21.

I'd take the taxi for convenience at only a few dollars more.

EDIT: Forget what I said. Three zone bus tokens only cost $2.75 each (3 zone cash fare is $3.50), so for 6 people the fare using tokens will be only $16.50.

Edited by njhorseman

A route #7 or #8 bus will get you there. As you board, tell the driver your destination. The fare is $4.50 all zone token p/p. Since Somerset Bridge is only 2 zones from the Dockyard, then you could use a 3 zone token. The fare would be a $3.50 3 zone token. When buying the tokens, specify the 3 zone token.

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00002e.htm

SBtS

Thanks so much for the information

#7 or #8 bus routes will take you there, but taxi fare wouldn't be a great deal more....and the larger taxis hold up to 7 passengers so they can accommodate your group. The estimated taxi fare for 5 -7 passengers Monday through Saturday is $24.75 plus tip each way. Bus fare for 6 using tokens that cost $3.50 each will cost $21.

I'd take the taxi for convenience at only a few dollars more.

EDIT: Forget what I said. Three zone bus tokens only cost $2.75 each (3 zone cash fare is $3.50), so for 6 people the fare using tokens will be only $16.50.

I appreciate the info!

Make sure you have the money for the bus or tokens for the return trip if you go by taxi. It is very hard to get a taxi to come to a destination that is that close to the dockyard as they don't get that much in fares compared to further areas. We have had problems the last 2 years getting back from H20 waterspouts.

They will pay for a taxi for you one way. Check the website. We were going to rent jet skis from them but ran out of time when we were there last week.

In the past I believe they only paid for a taxi if going for jet ski tours. They didn’t pay if going to rent a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk