Airfare to Seattle

divechick

We are starting to look into airfare for our Alaska Cruise next Aug out of SEA . I know it's early but I know early Aug is still peak season for SEA and worried fares will sky rocket like they do for Caribean in Feb. We found a non stop from MSP to SEA for 448 pp does this seem reasonable.

As mentioned on your other thread, the price doesn't seem too bad.

Commonly discussed here is a website called ita matrix. Check it out. It is a good way to get a good overview of airfares and flight options, although Southwest doesn't play on it.

That fare sure seems high, but it can have to do with your travel day of the week. Mid-week fares from Delta are generally less than $400 (round trip) and Southwest has even cheaper fares...although that airline involves some ridiculous connections.

Hank

That fare sure seems high, but it can have to do with your travel day of the week. Mid-week fares from Delta are generally less than $400 (round trip) and Southwest has even cheaper fares...although that airline involves some ridiculous connections.

Are you saying that based on personal experience of booking trips specifically to SEA or just making a general statement? I certainly don't have extensive experience booking flights to SEA but do recall trying to book mid-week fares to SEA on DL a few years ago for a cruise and to the best of my recollection, fares were in the $500 range.

We are starting to look into airfare for our Alaska Cruise next Aug out of SEA . I know it's early but I know early Aug is still peak season for SEA and worried fares will sky rocket like they do for Caribean in Feb. We found a non stop from MSP to SEA for 448 pp does this seem reasonable.

Delta is showing non-stops for almost everyday for $393.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Are you saying that based on personal experience of booking trips specifically to SEA or just making a general statement? I certainly don't have extensive experience booking flights to SEA but do recall trying to book mid-week fares to SEA on DL a few years ago for a cruise and to the best of my recollection, fares were in the $500 range.

A few years ago? That is about as relevant to current airfares as citing an air fare from thirty years ago! If you want to get an idea of what is happening you need to look at the fares today (most airlines sell air up to 330 days in advance....with Southwest and JetBlue being the big exception). Since you have access to a computer (of smartphone) you can find out air fares (and trends) with a few clicks of the keyboard or mouse. And there are even some online sites that will track changes (for any itinerary) and notify you if the price drops.

Hank

For comparison, I have flown several times PHX to SEA nonstop on Alaska Airlines, and it usually runs $250-$300 per person round trip, both during the summer and at Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the OP is not flying from PHX to SEA but MSP to SEA so how is this even remotely relevant?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked our airfare from Detroit to Seattle leaving Tues. Sept 4 and returning Fri Sept 14, round trip for our cruise next year. Our total cost per person was $414.00, on Delta, non-stop. I was happy with that price. Once you find a price you are happy with, go for it! I don't look back! I think you are looking at a fair price.