Southampton, UK airport and cruise port, HELP

langleyfld

Thinking of booking a cruise from Southampton, UK to Iceland & Norway. We'd be flying from east coast (VA area).

What airport is closest to Southampton cruise port? How to get from whatever airport to cruise port? Any suggestions on accomodations or attractions near port?

Thanks in advance!!

Thinking of booking a cruise from Southampton, UK to Iceland & Norway. We'd be flying from east coast (VA area).

What airport is closest to Southampton cruise port? How to get from whatever airport to cruise port? Any suggestions on accomodations or attractions near port?

Thanks in advance!!

All the info you need has been asked and answered many times on the Britain forum.

Thanks in advance!!

Gatwick is South of London; so closest to Southampton.

Heathrow is West of London.

There are many Transportation Companies that you can Google.

Cruise Lines charge about $60.00 pp for a Transfer.

Private transportation would be about the same.

Advantage: You would not have to sit around waiting for the Bus

to be full.

Can not suggest accomodations/attractions.

Have a great Cruise.

Easiest is to fly UA from IAD to LHR. You can take a National Express bus to Southampton or best way do a private car ( there are many good companies).

Would avoid any connecting flights as to avoid losing your luggage.

Edited by PaulMCO

If you fly into London and want to use a private car service to get to Southampton, here's one:

https://www.totallydriven.co.uk/

I've only used them once but was happy with them. I'm sure there are plenty of others. For what it's worth, for this type of thing I always prefer private transfers with a car service, as opposed to waiting for a whole bus or shuttle van to fill.

Very true, we used a private service for a cruise out of Civitavacchia. Thank you for the link! I make a spreadsheet of ideas I receive.

Speaking of Civitavecchia, when in Italy I've used Driver in Rome several times for transfers, and friends have also used them for tour guide services. Have always been happy with them, too. http://driverinrome.com/

(Just adding this in case someone else is reading and is interested in car services in Italy instead of England!)

Fly into Heathrow and pre-arrange a transfer to Southampton cruise port with International Friends. They will take you to Stonehenge on the way. There are probably many companies that will do the same thing. For us, it was a great transfer for a reasonable price.

Most practical option is taking direct train from Gatwick to Southampton. Unlike much of the advise you might receive on this site, we actually did the transfer as above indicated last Fall. Two hour direct train to within a six pound taxi from station to cruise dock.

Edited by Traveler67

• 2 weeks later...

We flew into Heathrow and took National Express bus to Southampton. As for hotel, we stayed at the Premier Inn, which is within walking distance to the pier. Some people recommended a taxi since the sidewalks are cobblestone, but we didn't have a problem walking.

• 6 months later...
Fly into Heathrow and pre-arrange a transfer to Southampton cruise port with International Friends. They will take you to Stonehenge on the way. There are probably many companies that will do the same thing. For us, it was a great transfer for a reasonable price.

Update...took your advice and booked with International Friends to Southampton via Stonehenge!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...