Camera or card?

We just came home last night from our cruise. I imported the pics from the one camera, cannon d10, and some pictures came back black & white, yet the picture seconds before or after were colored. I do have this camera for many years. I'm just wondering if it's the camera or the card. I know the best way would be to use another card and take some pictures, but as a souvenir of our trip, I came back with a very nasty cold and just had enough energy to write this post. Anyone ever had such a problem with their camera?

We just came home last night from our cruise. I imported the pics from the one camera, cannon d10, and some pictures came back black & white, yet the picture seconds before or after were colored. I do have this camera for many years. I'm just wondering if it's the camera or the card. I know the best way would be to use another card and take some pictures, but as a souvenir of our trip, I came back with a very nasty cold and just had enough energy to write this post. Anyone ever had such a problem with their camera?

The B&W option is found in the My Colors settings in the menu and it is possible this was set accidentally and returned to normal mode when the camera was shut off and turned back on later.

A corruption of the card would likely render the image unviewable and not simply remove color.

Dave

Thanks Dave for replying. I guess it's the camera then because there were pictures taken consecutively with colored then black and white photos. I first noticed the issue when we were at Half Moon Cay. I didn't think anything of it, I thought it was the way the sun was hitting the screen. On the tender going back to the ship there was some drift wood or something I was photographing. That was an example of photos taken consecutively. I must say though, some of the pictures that did come out black and white are pretty nice. I was on a hike at st. Kitts and I wouldn't have thought to take black and white. Thanks again Dave for replying.