Table of 2 in Manifreds and the Chef’s Table

Oville

Ok, so Viking says we are only entitled to two reservations at each specialty, for the entire 14 day sailing. As this is our first Viking cruise, and since we will be eager to enjoy all the various dining options, we are ok with this decision. :)

Two advanced reservations per but that doesn't mean you can't make more once on board.

Ok, so Viking says we are only entitled to two reservations at each specialty, for the entire 14 day sailing. As this is our first Viking cruise, and since we will be eager to enjoy all the various dining options, we are ok with this decision. :)

That would be for prebooking but once on board, you can check and see if more options are available and take advantage of those, if you choose.

Two advanced reservations per but that doesn't mean you can't make more once on board.

That would be for prebooking but once on board, you can check and see if more options are available and take advantage of those, if you choose.

Thanks!

We have been able to walk into

Manfredis and the Chefs Table any night we wanted. Quite tame at 8pm on our ship. Chefs table is fantastic. I would go to thr main restaurant over Manfredis any night though.

Exactly our experience and impression. I forgot which cruise you were on. I'll be interested in your experience. I board in April for my second cruise, which, I assume, will either confirm my first impression or readjust my perspective.

Sorry, guys, but I won't believe it until it is verified by someone who is actually on board and can confirm it with a mention in the dailies. MVJ does not always get it right.

I'm currently on the Sky, and Manfredi's does not open for lunch.

Today is Day 4 of the cruise and there are still a few openings available in Manfredi's for dinner.

Wow - a lot of angst on this thread. First of all, I have yet to find a place on the Viking site where it says you get a guaranteed reservation at your time and table of choice. Under the amenities for the standard V cabin there is no mention at all of the specialty restaurants. Under Deluxe Veranda, it says - 1 guaranteed priority reservations at each specialty restaurant: 60 days prior

Under Penthouse Veranda - 2 guaranteed priority reservations at each specialty restaurant: 70 days prior

Nothing about table size or times. I don't know where that is coming from. All they really guarantee to all passengers is that there is no extra charge for the specialty restaurants. They do have other venues where you can eat - and probably at the time of your choosing and at a table size that suits.

The My Viking Journey website is not very old - I know old in web times is yesterday. Having worked on many web sites - sometimes there are kinks that can drive you nuts trying to fix. If anyone has any issues, I HIGHLY recommend emailing the tellus@vikingcruises.com - they are very responsive.

I've never sailed with Oceania. I have sailed on Viking River and they took wonderful care of us. I'm booked a Viking Ocean cruise and I anticipate the same. I don't expect my Viking cruise to be like Oceania, or Seabourne, or Crystal, or Regent. If I wanted those experiences, I'd sail with those lines. I expect each line to do what they do best, and I will choose accordingly. It would be pretty boring if they were all the same! :cool:

Enjoy your cruise! I plan to enjoy mine!

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, fix it when you board. In the meantime, don't fret over it. Reservations open for us Saturday night and I'm not even going to bother making any advanced reservations. I'll deal with it when we get there, when I have an even better handle on what I want to do and what nights I want to eat there (plus, I want to see the menus for the Chef's Table before I book).

Thanks for the very good and solid advice you gave me. We boarded today and got all the reservations we wanted plus one more.

Katie

Thanks for the very good and solid advice you gave me. We boarded today and got all the reservations we wanted plus one more.

Katie

I'm glad it worked out for you.

BTW, I did not take my own advice and I did bother to book in advance. I'm still hoping to make some changes when I board but for now, at least we have reservations for a couple of night.

We got off the Star last week, had no trouble getting extra bookings in either restaurant once on board, usually at 19.30 so that we could dine after the enrichment lecture.

One issue is passengers not showing up, on 2 occasions we tried to change our booking from a 2 to a 4 but this could not be done, both times tables remained unused all through the evening.

Perhaps a charge for no shows should be introduced?

We got off the Star last week, had no trouble getting extra bookings in either restaurant once on board, usually at 19.30 so that we could dine after the enrichment lecture.

One issue is passengers not showing up, on 2 occasions we tried to change our booking from a 2 to a 4 but this could not be done, both times tables remained unused all through the evening.

Perhaps a charge for no shows should be introduced?

Interesting as we also noticed no shows. We made & cancelled specialty reservations so we know that people's plans change and tables do become available for during the cruise reservations. A service charge for no shows is not a bad idea but would need to be posted as policy on the reservations pages.

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, sleepybobo said:

It's been a while since the last time I was on this forum, even longer since my last sailing with Viking.  Can someone remind me where to make reservation for Manfredi's? Is it at the World Cafe?

The easiest way is to use the phone app