Is flying from FLL to port of Miami difficult?

luckyprincess

Hi all. The airline I like only flies to FLL. We leave from the Miami port. Is this a hassle? More importantly, is it difficult to get to FLL from the Miami port on the day we sail in? If I had an 11am flight out of FLL would that be tough to make from the ship coming in to Miami?

Hi all. The airline I like only flies to FLL. We leave from the Miami port. Is this a hassle? More importantly, is it difficult to get to FLL from the Miami port on the day we sail in? If I had an 11am flight out of FLL would that be tough to make from the ship coming in to Miami?

I think 11 am is too early unless you fly out of Miami. You could chance it and pray that everything goes according to schedule

Walkoff at 7:20 with all your luggage and take Uber, you might make it by 8:45 if no traffic. It took us one hour to get to Ft Laud from the port on a busy commute morning, a Monday.

If you’re talking Sunday or Saturdays during peak season, thousands of passengers go no through security, long lines, well, I wouldn’t want to risk it if it were me.

Not difficult to get to Port of Miami from FLL. You would either Uber for approx $35-40 or take a shuttle for around $15 pp. not sure if you’re spending one night in Ft Laud beforehand. If so you could use SAS shuttle and for the return from POM to FLL there are shuttle services like Go Shuttle, SAS and the like. You need to make reservation beforehand.

You can google the above names and see what you can come up with. I don’t have links at this moment.

OP your title was definitely eye-catching! 😂😂

11:00 a.m. Flight is doable, but has major risks involved. Opt for later if at all possible.

Many shuttles at Port of Miami to get you to FLL as mentioned above.

With that being said on our last cruise we were sitting at FLL at 9:20 a.m. Did self debarkation, caught shuttle and off we went. But still wouldn't chance it.

For an 11:00 flight you need to be at FLL by about 9:30 - and earlier is better. That translates into off the ship, with bags and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 8:30. Take the first cab in line and pray for good traffic.

Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: Do yourself a favor and find a flight leaving after noon or, as suggested above, extend your vacation and fly home the next morning. :cool:

OP your title was definitely eye-catching! 😂😂

11:00 a.m. Flight is doable, but has major risks involved. Opt for later if at all possible.

Many shuttles at Port of Miami to get you to FLL as mentioned above.

With that being said on our last cruise we were sitting at FLL at 9:20 a.m. Did self debarkation, caught shuttle and off we went. But still wouldn't chance it.

Haha sounds like I'm a jet setter with my own helicopter!

I'd do it if it's a weekend. Self-disembark first thing and grab an Uber or taxi to FLL. It's only a 35 minute drive on a weekend. We do self-disembark in Miami and we are home (further than FLL) by 7:30 - 7:40AM. Heck, I'd probably take the 11AM on a weekday, too. PortMiami to FLL is the opposite way of traffic.

Any delay could put the flight in jeopardy, but isn't it like that with anything? Traffic accident on way to airport could happen, etc. Are you flying Southwest? They have a very good cancellation/reschedule policy if anything does happen.