I stayed in and used Photoshop today...

After we take all those photos, something has to be done with them, right?

Post the before and after of something you fixed, adjusted or just plain had fun with in Photoshop (or Lightroom for fix/adjust). If you used settings to improve a photo significantly, share the settings for the audience.

Here are some fun prints I made for my daughter to decorate her new daughter's room. I used a photo of her first "child" as a starting point and just dug up stuff from the web for the decorations.

Original:

p2050146912-4.jpg

The final set:

p2031394007-4.jpg

p2045034274-4.jpg

p2144029998-4.jpg

Have fun with made up stuff or just show off your PS correction skills!

Dave

Very cool effects, and a great idea!

I don't play with photoshop too often - for extensive work like that...but on rare occasion I may play with a shot. Here's one I created just for fun - for 'art' purposes...this one goes back about 10 years.

The original:

original.jpg

Just a shot of the moon closeup, with clouds rolling past, taken with my old Superzoom Sony H5. Then I added everything else with sketch tools and silhouette clips to make a cool scene:

original.jpg

None of the mountain, trees, or wolf are real scenes or shots - just drawn or clipped in.

Another artistic one I did a ways back was for a photo theme contest - I took a standard shot of my grandfather's grave in a row at the Veteran's cemetery, similar to this one:

original.jpg

And went low key and contrast adjust until I had mostly silhouettes and lighted edges - titled 'Shadows of Death':

original.jpg

It won the challenge, which was cool.

Edited by zackiedawg

I just reworked this shot from 2008 for enlargement and printing. I love color-isolation black & white images. RAW processed in Optics Pro 10, edited in CS6, with Dfine, Silver Efex, and Viveza. Might be a dash of HDR prior to conversion to B&W.

26948885012_587f072743_b.jpgWunala1SM by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

This is a great treatment. You turned what would have been a busy, full-color image into an interesting piece with a strong focal point.

This is a great treatment. You turned what would have been a busy, full-color image into an interesting piece with a strong focal point.

Thank you. Wunala was the superstar of the shot and the rest was just a distraction. Here's an early edit of the original...

7469455218_6c104d8bdc_b.jpgQFwunala2 by Matt Barnette, on Flickr

With a new grandchild on the way, I reworked a photo I took of her mom and big brother from three years ago.

p2072578189-3.jpg

'Shopped out some distractions - duplicated layer - brightened - applied Gaussian blur - Switched to background and converted it to B&W and added border in Silver Effects - merged at 25% opacity for the blurred, color layer.

p1985228799-5.jpg

Dave

With a new grandchild on the way, I reworked a photo I took of her mom and big brother from three years ago.

p2072578189-3.jpg

'Shopped out some distractions - duplicated layer - brightened - applied Gaussian blur - Switched to background and converted it to B&W and added border in Silver Effects - merged at 25% opacity for the blurred, color layer.

p1985228799-5.jpg

Dave

They look so peaceful. Good job:).

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter wanted something unique for a thank you card to send using the Ink app.

I took a shot of my grandson running and collected the other bits from Google images.

p2025258432-4.jpg

What's so great about normal?

Dave

my daughter wanted something unique for a thank you card to send using the ink app.

I took a shot of my grandson running and collected the other bits from google images.

p2025258432-4.jpg

what's so great about normal?

Dave

great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Talented people! Let's see some more!

Since I don't post a lot of opinions, "Like" automatically or share and re-share (or re-re-share) everything that catches my eye, I decided a while ago to try my best to change my Facebook cover photo daily. I dig through my photo archives, crop them as a wide images to fit the FB cover format and make a visual statement daily. I also try, somewhat sporadically, to pick a photo to match a holiday, a seasonal change or important event.

I used PS to enhance this skyline shot from Cape Liberty to make today's statement on the 15th anniversary.

p739069548-5.jpg

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...