Swimming with manatees

gandme2010

I would like to go to Chankanaab Park and swim with manatees. Is it best to just go to the park yourself and sign up or should I go through a company and book it beforehand so it won't be sold out before I get there? Anyone know that cost of the swim if you book it at the park? Thanks

if you google swim with manatees or swim with dolphins at Chankanaab Park, you'll find several excursion vendors in addition to perhaps your ship's excursion, if offered.

I believe most the these include park admission. So consider that in your budget. but taxi would be extra. If it's like the reviews of the dolphin swims I've read, the actual time in the water with the manatees could be very short.

I read reviews saying the swim time was good actually. Mitusgirly has a review of the park when they went and booked to swim with Dolphins but ended up with the Manatees thrown in for free and she certainly seemed to enjoy both.

One thing is that the photos they take of you during the encounter are very very expensive by all accounts. This is what put me off the whole thing, as I know we'd want the photos.

We did swim with the manatees a few years ago, and reserved it directly with Chankanaab, and used the 2.00 off coupon for park admission. We did not tell them we were with a cruise ship. Each person was given some lettuce to feed them. The manatees swam up to us to get the lettuce from us. They did pictures with each one in the group with a manatee, and then we had some free time to snorkel with them. There was a group that came in as we were doing our manatee encounter, but they did not interact with the manatees at all. We did not purchase the pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you call the park to make reservations or were you able to do it online? Do you remember the cost?

use cozumelinsider and see the difference of the various swims that are offered.

Booking early gets you the better discounts

We had a great time there and booked online directly with them.

Our manatee swim was thrown in for free with our dolphin swim...so a 2 for 1 deal. If you watch their site, they have sales all the time like buy 1 get 1 for $1 and so on.

Just be aware they no longer allow you to take a camera with you on the swim like they did the 2x's we went.

IMG_5862-M.jpg

Serene56, haven't seen you on Carnival boards in a long time. Have you used cozumelinsider before? If so, how was it? Thank you

I have used cozumelinsiders a few times Sherri is the name of the lady that runs it. last time we did the royal swim she threw in the manatee encounter and a lunch. (lunch was not good)

Reserve ANY COZUMEL dolphin activity via INSIDER website

September 2017 Discounts~

• 8 or > days b4 swim: -25%
  • 1 - 7 days b4 swim: - 20%
  • 10% OFF Sea Lions & Manatee

I have a cruise in January that i have to look up stuff---LOL

spent the last year in Disney celebrating my big 60 if disney can celebrate for a year i was gonna celebrate for a year. we went a total of 54 days- and let me tell you i am truly disney'd out

We did the manatees swim today and it was amazing. 5 in the group and we were in the water for 75 minutes!!
Did you purchase the photos? Can you give me a rough idea on how much the photo packages are going for these days? Also, were videos available or do they only take photos of your group? Thank you!!!

After reading many posts, it would appear that the manatee experience varies greatly. Our experience 2 yrs. ago (April).

This is what we booked -

Cozumel-tours.com Manatee Encounter $53

- includes park entrance (Adults $21)

- Three Times Daily Except Sundays at 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 3:30

- Manatee Encounter is 45 Minutes.

- You can use the park facilities all day

We booked for 2pm and our 2 grandchildren (then 15 &16) were the only ones for this time slot. They spent a small amount of time on the ledge inside the water with the manatees swimming by them. The bulk of the time they were free swimming with them and having a ball. Armed with lettuce, they fed them. The manatees (if you can picture this) spent most of the time vertically in the water with each kid. They would be belly to belly and my grandson said his would kind of hug him with his flippers while he fed him. They had a blast.

Did you purchase the photos? Can you give me a rough idea on how much the photo packages are going for these days? Also, were videos available or do they only take photos of your group? Thank you!!!

I paid 60 bucks for 3 pictures. No videos.

wasn't group shots taken but each person so could get quite expensive for a large group

No video. They offered a photo package of 20 to 30 photos each on a disk and lunch for $200 when we checked in. I was offered that same package with out lunch before we got in the water for $250. I declined both times. We also declined to go look at the photos after the swim. We just went on our way. I knew I wasn't buying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I have done the manatee encounter twice in Cozumel through Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab Park. It was an amazing excursion and both times we did it my dad and I were the only ones in our group. It was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Forums