Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 46

pierces

A lovely Saturday - late afternoon, golden light, tons of birds flying and perching all about, temp mid-80s, light breeze:

Anhinga drying off with strong backlight glowing through the wings:

original.jpg

Flying flock of ibises coming in at sunset to roost:

original.jpg

Ibis on landing approach:

original.jpg

And something other than birds - bugs this time. Ones I prefer not to get too close to - even with a 400mm lens, this is generally too close for paper wasps, which have one heck of a nasty painful bite...but they were busy building their hive which gives them their name to pay me any mind:

original.jpg

An Egyptian goose, hanging out on a pond apple island in the wetlands:

original.jpg

A lovely Saturday - late afternoon, golden light, tons of birds flying and perching all about, temp mid-80s, light breeze:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

And something other than birds - bugs this time. Ones I prefer not to get too close to - even with a 400mm lens, this is generally too close for paper wasps, which have one heck of a nasty painful bite...but they were busy building their hive which gives them their name to pay me any mind:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Great shots!

Unlike most weeks, my list of photos to choose from totaled about five. Pictured here is a representation of why. Over the last week I have spent countless hours (I really didn't count them) working on the new kitchen cabinets. My hands are a little stiff and most of me feels like I lost a wrestling match that went into overtime, but I have to admit the results are looking good so far. There’s something about watching something take form that you designed, cut, glued and screwed together that makes the aches, pains and countless slivers (I really haven’t kept count) worth it. Hopefully, there will be a photo of the finished project before 2018 rolls around.

Labor Of Love

p2634279536-5.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Your pictures are always great.

Unlike most weeks, my list of photos to choose from totaled about five. Pictured here is a representation of why. Over the last week I have spent countless hours (I really didn't count them) working on the new kitchen cabinets. My hands are a little stiff and most of me feels like I lost a wrestling match that went into overtime, but I have to admit the results are looking good so far. There’s something about watching something take form that you designed, cut, glued and screwed together that makes the aches, pains and countless slivers (I really haven’t kept count) worth it. Hopefully, there will be a photo of the finished project before 2018 rolls around.

Labor Of Love

p2634279536-5.jpg

Dave

Looking forward to seeing your finished cabinets.