annoyed with Splendor reviews

tantan_9

I just got off the Splendor yesterday. There is already a pissed off person making the ship look bad. They complained about the children. Ummm hello?? Spring break cruise. Yeah there were a lot of kids but we used the pool on aft deck where there were no kids. There was security kicking out the few kids that tried to use the spa.

Their room was dirty when they got on board. Well so was ours but the room steward said we got their a bit early and he needs to clean it again. I am sure that was the same problem with their room.

AS far as check in goes, sounds like they had bad luck but that is not the ships fault. Blame that on Carnival. The Lido buffets were a bit crowded at times but with 3,333 passengers on board, what do you expect??? I knew that just knowing how big the ship was!

I just feel bad that minor things like this can make a person have a horrible vacation.

Im I being a bit harsh???

I would copmpare it to those people who get pissed off that there are large lines on Christmas Eve when they are shopping.

Ohhh I was also cracking up at the fact that there were people complaining on board when we were trying to get off the ship. comments like "ohh they should have done this" "ohhh what if they do this?" "ohhh they need to do this." My husband and I wanted to wrap tape around their mouths so they would just shut up.

What did I learn??? I learned that I like the smaller ships a bit better like the Elation. Ohhh well!

You know some people are just not happy unless they have something to complain about.

LOL. The OP doesn't need to start a new thread as their post would seem to be more appropriate for the thread that they are talking about rather than its own thread. Now there are 2 threads complaining about the Splendor!

What did I learn??? I learned that I like the smaller ships a bit better like the Elation. Ohhh well!

...... if I read you preferred the Elation to the Splendor I would be thinking maybe I dont want to book the Splendor if I was one who was influenced by reviews.

You dont say what was good on your cruise either, long lines at the buffet, lots of children, things you expected during spring break and on a bigger ship. Doesnt sound like your cruise was so rosy either??

You are complaining about what others said, but its still complaining to me.

I just got off the Splendor yesterday. There is already a pissed off person making the ship look bad. They complained about the children. Ummm hello?? Spring break cruise. Yeah there were a lot of kids but we used the pool on aft deck where there were no kids. There was security kicking out the few kids that tried to use the spa.

Their room was dirty when they got on board. Well so was ours but the room steward said we got their a bit early and he needs to clean it again. I am sure that was the same problem with their room.

AS far as check in goes, sounds like they had bad luck but that is not the ships fault. Blame that on Carnival. The Lido buffets were a bit crowded at times but with 3,333 passengers on board, what do you expect??? I knew that just knowing how big the ship was!

I just feel bad that minor things like this can make a person have a horrible vacation.

I would copmpare it to those people who get pissed off that there are large lines on Christmas Eve when they are shopping.

Ohhh I was also cracking up at the fact that there were people complaining on board when we were trying to get off the ship. comments like "ohh they should have done this" "ohhh what if they do this?" "ohhh they need to do this." My husband and I wanted to wrap tape around their mouths so they would just shut up.

You seem to be doing fairly well in complaining about the Splendor also. I just read you post on the Splendor thread about embark. sheesh! Are you kidding.......T R O

LOL. The OP doesn't need to start a new thread as their post would seem to be more appropriate for the thread that they are talking about rather than its own thread. Now there are 2 threads complaining about the Splendor!

hahahhaha glad I wasnt the only one who read OPs post this way!!! :D You just said it better.

...... if I read you preferred the Elation to the Splendor I would be thinking maybe I dont want to book the Splendor if I was one who was influenced by reviews.

You dont say what was good on your cruise either, long lines at the buffet, lots of children, things you expected during spring break and on a bigger ship. Doesnt sound like your cruise was so rosy either??

You are complaining about what others said, but its still complaining to me.

Ohh When I write my actual review you will see all the good things. I was just writing what I read from the person who posted the review. I wasnt complaining about those things nor did I let them ruin my beautiful vacation.

You seem to be doing fairly well in complaining about the Splendor also. I just read you post on the Splendor thread about embark. sheesh! Are you kidding.......T R O

Again, someone wanted to know about embark/disembark. I stated what happened. Did I complain about it?? No. Will I in my review when i post it?? no. Will I state what had happened? yes.

Again, someone wanted to know about embark/disembark. I stated what happened. Did I complain about it?? No. Will I in my review when i post it?? no. Will I state what had happened? yes.

Then don't guess about the times, because unless you had a watch and were timing them I am sure that they were less than half as long as you think they were. So far all you have done os complain about Splendor. Write a review if it was that bad.

I think I like the smaller ships better, too.

Our first cruise was a three (or was it four?) day cruise on the Miracle. Since it was the first, we were in awe, and nothing could spoil the cruise.

After that we went on Jubilee and had a fantastic time, even though our travel agent tried to warn us that this was an older ship than Miracle.

We tried RCCL Sovereign and it was good, but we liked the Carnival cruises better. Then we tried Inspiration.

So, all of those except the Miracle are smaller ships, right?

Next up is Liberty. So, we shall see how we like the larger ships.

Honestly, there's only a few things (and they would be MAJOR) that would cause us to not enjoy ourselves on a cruise.

There is a reason why it is called a review...It is just one persons opinion....They are entitled to it....Whether some like it or not......;)

That being said....I also prefer smaller ships.....:cool:

For the record, we took our first Carnival cruise in Jan 2009 -- on the Splendor. (We have done several cruises on HAL, RCCL and NCL in the past few years.)

We were so impressed with the Splendor and its crew that we immediately book the Dream -- for two week back-to-back cruises. After our experience on the Splendor, we are solid CCL fans.

(My major criticism of the ship was that public areas were over airconditioned -- to the point that I wish I had brought my down jacket along! Bring not just a sweater, but a warm, wool sweater and you will have NO complaints!)

I think I like the smaller ships better, too.

Our first cruise was a three (or was it four?) day cruise on the Miracle. Since it was the first, we were in awe, and nothing could spoil the cruise.

After that we went on Jubilee and had a fantastic time, even though our travel agent tried to warn us that this was an older ship than Miracle.

We tried RCCL Sovereign and it was good, but we liked the Carnival cruises better. Then we tried Inspiration.

So, all of those except the Miracle are smaller ships, right?

Next up is Liberty. So, we shall see how we like the larger ships.

Honestly, there's only a few things (and they would be MAJOR) that would cause us to not enjoy ourselves on a cruise.

yes i agree with you on the not letting anything get in the way of enjoying our cruise :) Have fun on the Liberty!

There is a reason why it is called a review...It is just one persons opinion....They are entitled to it....Whether some like it or not......;)

That being said....I also prefer smaller ships.....:cool:

Yes! I totally agree. some people took this whole thing and decided to blow up into something major. All I was trying to say was that I am sad that little things will ruin peoples vacations and not want to go with that line or ship again.

I swear some people just want to start drama on here and its lame!

Helloooooo All,

I am just a few weeks away from sailing on the the Splendor,and ya know what? I'm going to have a great time. It's a beautiful ship. Carnival is a great line.

I once saw a post about the Splendor recently that said the ship was FILTHY because there was a paperclip on their balcony that the room steward had not picked up..:eek: Oh dear Lord......How horrid!!........................ What a boob!! ....... Still LOL !!! :D:D

Helloooooo All,

I am just a few weeks away from sailing on the the Splendor,and ya know what? I'm going to have a great time. It's a beautiful ship. Carnival is a great line.

I once saw a post about the Splendor recently that said the ship was FILTHY because there was a paperclip on their balcony that the room steward had not picked up..:eek: Oh dear Lord......How horrid!!........................ What a boob!! ....... Still LOL !!! :D:D

Ha! That is sooooo sad. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Archived