Has anybody skipped the muster?

AZchieffan

I go because it is required and I want to know what to do in case of emergency. I go promptly as a courtesy to my fellow passengers. I have seen on these boards that some people don't give a [substitute term for defecation here] about that.

As far as I can remember, the Muster Drill cover 3 things. 1) How to put on a life jacket 2) Location of your Muster Station 3) Location of your lifeboat.

Some may feel that do not need an actual practical drill to understand the above.

And that doesn't mean us "skippers" are stupid. Thanks!

As far as I can remember, the Muster Drill cover 3 things. 1) How to put on a life jacket 2) Location of your Muster Station 3) Location of your lifeboat.

Some may feel that do not need an actual practical drill to understand the above.

Thanks for explaining that! Now I understand why it's okay to keep other people waiting, wasting their time, while the staff tries to locate you.

On some cruise lines, you cannot escape the muster drill. They will keep calling your cabin number until you answer. On others, you are sent to a lounge indoors while the crew check the cabins -- so there is no hiding.

MARAPRINCE

Well, if you don't wanna be referred to as stupid, ya should probably go to the drill. Cause the bottom line is, it is for your own safety and required by law, and if you don't do, the drill simply takes longer for the rest of us cause they are waiting for you guys.

Having said all that one should feel pretty (lets see, can't use stupid) dumb when not attending muster :rolleyes:

My husband and I skip it and test out the bed.

NO? How STUPID would you feel seeing this and not know WHAT you were supposed to do.

Please, at that point, continue testing out your bed.

Wonder if this is why we have had to wait awhile for the muster to begin. :rolleyes:

It definitely is. People think their preferences and their time are far more important than yours, and you've met some of them on this thread. :cool:

So, I just asked my son (7) if he rembered what the muster drill was. He replied " It is when we put on our life jackets so we know what to do if something bad happens."

I then asked why would it not be smart to miss the muster drill, his response, "Because when they start drowning in their room, they will not know where to go."

This was followed by "Don't they check the rooms to make sure you go, Mom"

Again, that was a 7yo....maybe he knows my password to cruise critic, lol

Archived