14 day Caribbean cruises??

Wondering if anyone knows why RCL doesn't have a 14 day itinerary to the Caribbean?

I have done a couple of 14 day southern Caribbean cruises on NCL's Breakaway out of NYC. Two week cruises are the perfect amount of time for me!!! However, I don't like the Escape that is now sailing out of NYC.

I prefer the larger ships, so I started looking at RCL since it does cruises out of Cape Liberty. I was surprised that most RCL itineraries are not the typical 1 week or 2 week cruises. Why is that???

:(

RCL could be a good alternative for me, if they offered 2 week itineraries.

Does anyone know if RCL has plans (i.e. rumors ;)) to do any 14 day cruises?

I thought RCI offers a few 14 day cruises in Europe where folks get 6 weeks vacation [emoji30]. If I recall, there was one on Independence out of Southampton.

Also, many people also do back-2-back for the 5-day Western and 9-day Southern out of Miami on Navigator (soon to be Explorer). This is very nice itinerary on a bigger ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wondering if anyone knows why RCL doesn't have a 14 day itinerary to the Caribbean?

I have done a couple of 14 day southern Caribbean cruises on NCL's Breakaway out of NYC. Two week cruises are the perfect amount of time for me!!! However, I don't like the Escape that is now sailing out of NYC.

I prefer the larger ships, so I started looking at RCL since it does cruises out of Cape Liberty. I was surprised that most RCL itineraries are not the typical 1 week or 2 week cruises. Why is that???

:(

RCL could be a good alternative for me, if they offered 2 week itineraries.

An 11 day out of Ft Lauderdale can go further south than a 14 day out of NJ. [emoji6]

Actually the 10 and 11 day B2B on Serenade only repeats one port to the best of my memory.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You could schedule a back to back cruise with alternate itineraries.

Royals target market (families) is for the most part not interested in 14 day cruises.

You can make your own 14 day by being a B2B with an eastern or Western or do an 11 day southern Caribbean.

7 day Caribbeans out of NJ/NY/MD aren't possible and an 11-12 day is just too short, lol :D

I like to do long cruises in January/February, so not the typical "family" vacation time in the Northeast. However, it is a great time for empty nesters & retirees in the Northeast to cruise and break up the winter.

If I have to fly, it will be to a resort and not a cruise port. Flying to get to a cruise port just seems to be a waste of vacation days. I have 3 cruise ports (NJ, NY & MD) that I can drive to in a quarter of the time it would take to fly and with a whole lot less hassle than flying these days.

But thanks for the suggestions. I have already considered those options and ruled them out based on my preferences! ;)

An 11 day out of Ft Lauderdale can go further south than a 14 day out of NJ. [emoji6]

Actually the 10 and 11 day B2B on Serenade only repeats one port to the best of my memory.

I think it repeats St Kitts and St Thomas, and we just considered this B2B over Christmas and New Years 2019. 21 days in Suite was roughly the same cost as 7 days on Symphony ( Christmas week 2019) in same category suite (GS). Crazy!

We do the B2B most often so we can have a 14 day cruise. (7 does not seem to cut it) I'd suggest you look at leaving from PR, as you will have fewer sea day because you don't need to travel as far to get to the ports.

Agree. Have B2B booked on Vision out of PR. I am lucky and don't have to fly much, can drive to any of the Florida embarkation ports, but when we fly...may as well make the best of paying for those flights. ;)

Agree. Have B2B booked on Vision out of PR. I am lucky and don't have to fly much, can drive to any of the Florida embarkation ports, but when we fly...may as well make the best of paying for those flights. ;)

Agree about B2Bers and especially that we have to fly to the East Coast. We use to do true 14 night Caribbean cruises but even Celebrity has done away with them. As long as we're on the ship for 14 nights is all that matters to us. :cool::beer-mug:

Has my vote. Do this at least once or twice a yr for last 3 yrs, doing it this Fall. All for price would have paid on a 7n Oasis class ship. They even change some of the 10/11 nite ports every yr..

With our flying from So Calif, a 7 day Caribbean isn't worth the expense so booked a B2B on the Allure for 2020, a Western then Eastern. For me it is more for the ship then the Ports, yet there are some ports I haven't visited while the daughter will be seeing the Caribbean for her first time.

Seems like many are looking for the 14 day Caribbean cruise and are finding the work around to be a B2B from southern ports, which is not ideal due to the return to the embarkation port. Unfortunately, that is not even an option from the Northeast cruise ports :(

Just wondering why RCL hasn't recognized this market with at least one or two 14 day cruises?

Seems like many are looking for the 14 day Caribbean cruise and are finding the work around to be a B2B from southern ports, which is not ideal due to the return to the embarkation port. Unfortunately, that is not even an option from the Northeast cruise ports :(

Just wondering why RCL hasn't recognized this market with at least one or two 14 day cruises?

Snowbird migration on Serenade every year.

Boston to Ft Lauderdale via ABC's

7 day Caribbeans out of NJ/NY/MD aren't possible and an 11-12 day is just too short, lol :D

I like to do long cruises in January/February, so not the typical "family" vacation time in the Northeast. However, it is a great time for empty nesters & retirees in the Northeast to cruise and break up the winter.

It is also a great cruise to plan for and free up the time, even if it is 14 days, since during those month's at least one 2 week cruise would fit in during a typical NON-FAMILY period when kids are in school.

But thanks for the suggestions. I have already considered those options and ruled them out based on my preferences! ;)

My wife and I recently sailed with NCL for a 14 night cruise to the Caribbean out of NYC during February of 2018..

We also will be on a cruise in February of next year on the Anthem out of Cape liberty and are looking forward to what, from our many RCL cruises over the last 18 years, will be a wonderful chance to be back on board with Royal Caribbean for 12 days.

Due to the damage done from the hurricane the original itinerary changed to include ports not normally seen on cruises from New York or New Jersey.

We were able to visit Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Martinique as well as two of the typical Eastern Caribbean cruises offered by the other lines sailing from the Northeast.

The itinerary along with another two or so days at sea was something we really enjoyed, aside from a not so stellar experience on the NCL Breakaway.

Seeing 3 if not 4 ports not usually included during a cruise that DOESN'T involve two if not three days spent in airports and at pre or post cruise hotels along with all the associated hassles and expense of flying was a treat for us.

I imagine, given the fact that the Breakaway was packed to capacity and taking into account the enormous population of possible passengers within just a few short hours or 150 miles of Cape Liberty, filling a ship, even if for ONE sailing per year and on a ship even one possibly smaller than the Anthem would be SPECIAL and not that hard to fill.

A 14 day itinerary doesn't necessarily have to visit the ABC's but can offer the opportunity to include a two day one night docking in Cuba with a decent amount of time to still include plenty of the usual ports frequented in the Caribbean.

A cruise to Cuba from Florida, to us from the cold and frigid North, involves more time in airports and hotels than we would actually have in Cuba. This would be one of my bucket list dreams (selfish, I know) but also an historic first, going back to the days when cruises regularly departed New York for cruises to Havana.

We have sailed many times from Florida as well as Puerto Rico on ships filled to capacity with thousands of passengers who plan for and spend at least 14 days of their time on a cruise of only 10-12 days.

Just a few of my thoughts on whether to spend 14 days on a cruise vs. 10-12 days on a cruise that will still eat up 14 days of a person's valuable time.

bosco

I thought RCI offers a few 14 day cruises in Europe where folks get 6 weeks vacation [emoji30]. If I recall, there was one on Independence out of Southampton.

Plenty of 14 day cruises on Independence out of Southampton over here in the UK during the summer. Its a very big thing here the two week summer holiday, where as I gather those in the States favour smaller breaks.

I've done the 14 day cruise once.......... the weight I put on and the damage I probably did to my liver was not good :D:D:D

14 day for amateurs, did 28 day B2B this April. [emoji33]

Do B2B2B last 4yrs on Serenade BOS/FLL 12n Repo with 10/11nite, 33 total. Didn't do 2017, was Dry Docked & hadn't seen my Grand Daughters on Halloween ever, oldest being 8. Doing the Panama Canal(my 1st) west & east on Jewel 32n in Feb. Vision B2B in April incl TA(1st). Practicing, working my way up. Bucket list 30yrs ago was TransAtlantic, PC and World before turned 55. Might not make the World Cruise in time or do a true World, but still hopeful!...

My wife and I recently sailed with NCL for a 14 night cruise to the Caribbean out of NYC during February of 2018..

I imagine, given the fact that the Breakaway was packed to capacity and taking into account the enormous population of possible passengers within just a few short hours or 150 miles of Cape Liberty, filling a ship, even if for ONE sailing per year and on a ship even one possibly smaller than the Anthem would be SPECIAL and not that hard to fill.

A 14 day itinerary doesn't necessarily have to visit the ABC's but can offer the opportunity to include a two day one night docking in Cuba with a decent amount of time to still include plenty of the usual ports frequented in the Caribbean.

We have sailed many times from Florida as well as Puerto Rico on ships filled to capacity with thousands of passengers who plan for and spend at least 14 days of their time on a cruise of only 10-12 days.

Just a few of my thoughts on whether to spend 14 days on a cruise vs. 10-12 days on a cruise that will still eat up 14 days of a person's valuable time.

bosco

I was on that cruise with you! I'm sorry you did not like the Breakaway.

I'm not a fan of the Escape that is now in NYC but it does offer the 14 days.

Totally agree about the waste of time involved in getting to those southern ports!

Hope you will come back to this thread and let me know about the Anthem. I looked at that cruise but I just have my heart set on a 14 day cruise. Otherwise, I will be looking at land based 2 week vacations, if I have to fly.

Snowbird migration on Serenade every year.

Boston to Ft Lauderdale via ABC's

this trip is one that I am looking at. It has more sea days than a typical 11 nighter out of Ft. Lauderdale on Serenade which is good for me. Too many port days are very taxing on this old body

We won't leave home for less than 14 days. Since we have to fly to any cruise it helps spread out the average daily cost of it. Most of the times it is a B2B or B2B2B. We've done them on X, RCL, and HAL. They were all handled similarly, easy peasy.

Grandeur does a number of 12 night Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore. Easy to get to from NJ.

Thanks, I saw those as well! I prefer to have 2 full weeks without having to fly. I just don’t want to compromise, lol